Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

new to the area

2K views 21 replies 7 participants last post by  matts05f250sd 
#1 ·
Hey all- I am a missouri transplant down here trying to find work through the local 479 union hall. I would be willing to meet some of you all for an adult beverage possibly. I am shacked up in my travel trailer in an rv park in port aurther. Is there anything I need to be checking out while I am down this way? thanks guys

#3 ·
Ok. I will check into that. Went by Friday to check on where I am suposed to be on Monday, then went on down to Sabine Pass and on out to where hiway 86 ends. That was super cool to drive down the beach.

#5 ·
Good luck finding work.Not much here in Mo.

#8 ·
Thanks-I will put that on the list to. The wife and kids are chomping at the bit to come down for along weekend. I am ready for a visit as well.

#10 ·
You can go to Spindletop, shows the oil boom of Southeast Texas. I found it very interesting. I knew a little bit about it but not much since I'm not from around here. Also in Orange there is a museum with old guns...has alot of paintings and other things about the old west. Those are pretty good family things I guess. Whenever you want, Im sure a couple guys from around here wouldnt mind going and having a few somewhere.

#17 ·
Thanks, those sound like a good place to start. As for the other I am game whenever:D just let me know. I have been getting back to the rv by 5pm shoot me a pm and I will get back to ya all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.