Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be trading my 97 7.3 for a 2005 6.0 ZF6. With that said, while I know a decent amount about the 7.3, I know nothing about the 6.0. The guy says the motor runs fine and it has a new trans and clutch with paperwork, as well as 4 new injectors. He deleted the egr, put new headstuds and head gaskets in and he replaced the water pump. I know there is a huge list of parts that can be associated with bulletproofing the 6.0. If I just wanted to keep the power level stock or maybe even run a mild tune, what other parts would be necessities to upgrade to make the engine "more-bullet-proof"?

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,409 Posts
sct fitting on the hpop, new ford oil cooler (really you should get something like a Bulletproof Diesel oil cooler reroute, which gets rid of the coolant-to oil cooler in the valley and sends the oil to a radiator up front.), if you stick with the stock oil cooler, get a coolant filter kit. If it has the NAPA oil filter cap on it (which is distinctly much taller than the ford factory cap) don't buy it. Likely has let a bunch of crud past the filter into the oil system. Lots of problems later on.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts