Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm fairly new to the site. Looking to learn as much as I can about the 6.4l powerstroke because I'm in the market for a new truck since I decided to give it up with the CR cummins, spent more time working on the truck than I did driving it. I really like the look of the 08-10 Fords, but I've read a few things that make me a little leary. I plan to dpf delete and tune the new truck, which will either be a 6.4 or an LMM. Maybe you guys can help teach me a thing or two.

this is the main thing that worries me:

Cracked cylinder heads? - Powerstroke Nation

-Thomas

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
:welcome:

Can't help w/the 6.4 but many here can, especialy if you want to make it fast.

·
Powerstrokin'
847 Posts
:welcome: Glad you are finally giving up on the old goat and going for a real pickup:ford:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not really looking to go fast with the new truck. I have an old 1st gen 12v that I plan to tinker with. The whole fast daily driver thing, is vastly overrated.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Not really looking to go fast with the new truck. I have an old 1st gen 12v that I plan to tinker with. The whole fast daily driver thing, is vastly overrated.
Just crazy how 2 grand can make a 6.4L faster than most 12v, unless you dumped serious cash into it. I mean what do they run with a tune/exhaust/dpf delete like in the 12's?

Welcome to the site, try posting this in the 6.4L tech section.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Welcome! And they are a beast uncorked!!!:ford:

·
Ballin' on a Budget
1,396 Posts
Well, I'm fairly new to the site. Looking to learn as much as I can about the 6.4l powerstroke because I'm in the market for a new truck since I decided to give it up with the CR cummins, spent more time working on the truck than I did driving it. I really like the look of the 08-10 Fords, but I've read a few things that make me a little leary. I plan to dpf delete and tune the new truck, which will either be a 6.4 or an LMM. Maybe you guys can help teach me a thing or two.

this is the main thing that worries me:

Cracked cylinder heads? - Powerstroke Nation

-Thomas
Welcome! Dustins truck has been ran harder than most. FWIW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts