Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 6.0 with 93,000 miles. Has egr delete and arp headstuds. I also have a edge juice with attitude and a snanguage II. I recently replaced the fuel pump, both batteries, fuel filters, oil, and oil filter.

The symptoms: The truck will fire up just fine but will run rough for about a minute then smooth out. When the engine is up to operating temp it will start to miss really bad. When I say miss I mean the engine will shake the whole truck, the rpm will go around 400 rpm and its almost like the cylinders start to shut down one by one until it eventually dies. I was able to pull some numbers from my scan guage II. All of these numbers are when it's 32° outside.
FICM 48.5 koeo 48 cranking 48 idle
Icp 14 koeo 1200 cranking 1100 cold idle 620 hot idle
IRP 70% cranking 40% cold idle 25% hot idle

When the engine starts missing the icp jumps to 2000 and the irp jumps to 80%
And the FICM stays at 48v

I can't drive it no more than 500 feet before it dies. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

·
scouts out...
246 Posts
It is possible to have a bad fuel pump right off the shelf, did it ever run after the new pump was installed, do you have winterized diesel, could gel be an issue? Sounds like the same symptoms mine has when I have gelled fuel that's why I'm throwin that out there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It ran great after I put the new pump in. I will take the rail mounted filter off and check it for anything out of the ordinary tomorrow.

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Sounds more like an HPO system issue then a fuel issue.
Is there any oil on your ICP sensor?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Try to do a power balance test. You may have some injector d rings leaking when hot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts