• trans

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
08 F450 SD DRW
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, just today bought a 2008 F450 Superduty DRW with 6.4L and 160k - Looking to learn as I'm an ex-GM 3500 owner, so I have a lot of things to learn about the mods needed to make this purchase reliable for my purposes (camper, boat, car trailer towing, personal use). Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
PSN intsigator
6,264 Posts
Welcome to the nation from WNC

·
Registered
761 Posts
Welcome from NC x 2!

You have come to the right place.

The knowledge on this forum is unmatched IMO.

6.4 is not the most popular Ford Diesel, but plenty of owners here to guide you.

·
08 F450 SD DRW
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. I listened the guy in Atlanta about the false hope of getting a decent deal on a 6.4, made me wanna jump off a bridge. My rig is being picked up tomorrow from a copart insurance yard. It was a repossession so I worry about regular maintenance. Carfax has been silent a couple years on service info, so that pit in my stomach is growing. I normally do so much research in advance, but I found this one with a few minutes to go (after having invested so much time bidding and losing out on other rigs as the prices were so insane). Found the beauty in my photo there and thought it was too good to be true. Guess I should have just let it go. Damn it.

I'm capable of doing a lot technically. Not so much physically anymore as I age. Is there a place on here that lists good shops for Powerstrokes in the NY/CT area?

·
PSN intsigator
6,264 Posts
I bought my 01 Excursion, an my 02 350 DRW both site unseen. An they have been good rides. Good luck with your venture.

·
Administrator
8,050 Posts
unfortunately we lost our resident 6.4 guru two months ago.
the 6.4 has a bad reputation, but there are a lot more good running 6.4 engines than there are bad 6.4's

·
Registered
761 Posts
So there is hope! ! :) Thanks!
There is always Hope. Rest is Attitude. :grin:

Without it I would not make it another day.

Live Long and Prosper. :rockon:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts