Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone, I'm somewhat new to the whole diesel world and definitely new to the site.
I just stole my dream truck which is a '95 crew cab long bed dually with the good 'ol 7.3L turbo diesel for 1100. I just got it home yesterday evening and I've already diagnosed a couple problems with it.
1 being the mechanical fuel pump, and 2 being the starter is shorting out on its self. Any good threads and pointers would be awesome and very helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I've have been googling and looking through a Chilton book and this forum and a couple others for a solid 4 hours, but no luck on finding the fuel pump fuse/replay location.
I'm getting frustrated at this point, can someone help please!! ???

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
So I've have been googling and looking through a Chilton book and this forum and a couple others for a solid 4 hours, but no luck on finding the fuel pump fuse/replay location.
I'm getting frustrated at this point, can someone help please!! ???
yours has a mechanical pump so there is no fuse or relay for the fuel pump.

Sent from my Super awesome outdated Samsung that doesn't burst into flames using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
There are two fuel pumps, both are mechanical. The lift pump is on the front driver's side of the engine and the other is in the valley behind the fuel bowl. If you intend to remove or replace the one in the valley, make sure to read up on it first. Otherwise, you will probably lose the tappet in the engine like I did.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts