Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy PSN, Been driving diesel for quite a while now (VW & Jeep) and have always itched for a van. Thinking about a PSD 4x4 E-350. HOWEVER, had a conversation with a mechanic friend yesterday and he nearly talked me out of it, saying that parts are just too expensive due to all of the electronics involved in these motors these days! Do you agree? Are these things money pits? This is already a hard sell to the misses so something that drains us in parts will kill. I am hesitant to get into a 6.0 because of all of the EGR related issues so would prefer a 7.3 by far but they're hard to find. Being on the east coast much of the good stuff is out west. There is a 6.0 nearby that I'm considering looking at...

Your thoughts on this would be very helpful, thanks in advance!

·
Registered
149 Posts
The E-Vans are not fun to work one unless u work on them every day. But when ur like me and get one once a year and u see one brought into the shop u say f*#k. but if u get a 6.0 and u pull the engine out I would recommend doing head studs probably injectors stand pipes and dummy plugs

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
If your going to get a 6.0l do an egr delete. I have worked on e series 6.0l ambulances and its not fun to work on. And being in an e series is hard on stuff they hold so much heat up against everything. I have seen e series with 7.3l hold up well but the 6.0l just doesn't seem to enjoy the van body. But this i just one mans opinion so do with as you will.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts