Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I own a 2004 f250 and I have a random question. Background on the truck. Has been bullet proofed still has egr(brand new) bully dog programmer brp 4 inch turbo back. New FICM. When the truck is warm and is idling it will sound like it is trying to build boost maybe a 1 psi (according to bullydog controler) for 15 seconds then stops and goes really deep sounding for 30 seconds then stops and idles normally for a min then restarts again. The only code I have is map to barometer code and fan clutch control issue. The weird thing is the fan clutch is new. Other then that the the truck runs great no oil consumption 14 mgp on the highway. Just towed a car back and it ran great. Anyone know if that is normal?

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
howdy howdy howdy!
might that just be the the computer sweeping the vanes of the turbo?
I'm going with this as well. Sounds like what some of the stock tunes do....they swept the turbo vanes back and forth at idle in an attempt to keep soot from building up and causing the vanes to stick. And yes, it will change the sound of the exhaust that dramatically. Perfectly normal.

·
Master BS'er
5,931 Posts
For sure. In fact, that was a software update put out by Ford some time after the 6.0 came out. It was meant as a fix for the coked turbos. If your truck doesn't do this, you should get it updated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts