Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
2000 F350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 F350 7.3,I used to own an 05 F150. I would like to get 500+Hp out of it the right way. I have yet to drive the truck due to me being in Iraq at the moment but my old ladys dad picked it up for me. so what suggestions do yall have for me. By the way i dont know much about Diesel's andwhen i say i dont know much i wont even pretend like i know a little. Thank you for you help

·
HÄWÄÌÌÄñ
1,161 Posts
haha well welcome to the nation! first of all to get that kind of power out of a 7.3 you will need quite a bit of money. thank you for your service!

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
What is your budget, cause it will cost a bit. Like pry close to $10,000. You'll need Injectors, turbo 38r will get you there and be at the top of its range. Or you'll have to get a custom mount or an H2e mount. Also need studs, springs, p-rods, fuel system and transmission mods. Do you have an auto or manual? It will add up very quickly.

What do you want to do with the truck?
What are your goals for it?

Oh yea, welcome to the nation!

·
Registered
24 Posts
You also need to find out if you have forged rods or pm rods. At 500 your gonna be floating around the limit for pm rods. It would prolly be a good idea to change them if there pm to prevent some big troubles later

·
2000 F350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the budget also is save and buy budget if that makes any sence waht so ever. I would just renlist for a bonus but we dont get those any more so there go's that ideal lol.

·
2000 F350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i hear what youre saying but ya know sometimes you just have to get it One part at a time. I also just droped cash on the truck so thats why im kind of on a budget

·
All done now
22,483 Posts
Start with gauges. Then do intake and exhaust. Then get a chip. Three smiles right there. Save up for a new turbo. Install it, another smile. Next step is a big one. Tranny. No huge increase in power there, but you will get one of those reliability smiles. Next step is also big. Save up for injectors, studs, springs and pushrods. Send chip back to your turner for reburns. Install, huge smile there.

·
2000 F350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey thanks for all the advise guys if yall have any more keepem coming. I think I'mgoing to go with a PHP chip gotta support my home state businesses that and i have read tons of great stuff on the forum about them. When i get back from this deployment hopefully i will have enough stuff to put on the truck by then to pay them a visit persoanly and let them tinker with it themselfs.:fordoval:

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You need to check your rods as there was a small run of PMRs that were in motors of 2000. Find the PM vs forged engine serial number thread and that will give you an idea. It only takes 5 mins to check. If it has a nut on the rod its forged if its a bolt head its PMR. Might have to bump the engine over to get the rod in a position angle you can see as its a small hole.

·
Registered
36 Posts
It would be much easier to get there with a 6.4. You will end up with about the same amount of money in the project and close to the same HP/TQ. I love the 7.3 but it is expensive to get to that level of power.

·
Registered
504 Posts
True, much cheaper to get to 500hp with a 6.4. Not nearly as bad ass as a 500hp 7.3 though, at least to me that is.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
That all depends on the starting cost of the vehicle. 6.4 are still going for a pretty penny although there are some great deals here and there. You can certainly make 500 easy with a 6.4 though. Thing to consider depending where you live though is the possible upcoming emission testing. The 6.4 and you are stuck with that sucky DPF and cat.

·
2000 F350
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's funny I was talking with some of the maintnace guys in my unit today and they all think im CRAZY trying to do this to a truck! I just laughed and said maybe I am but it would be fun and bad ass! Thanks again guys for all the help when i go on r+r im going to drive the truck stock for like a day or so then put the air Afe intake and PHP chip in probably so i can see the differance!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts