Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waited 6 years for prices to come down on newer generation PSDs since I sold my 7.3 and 6.0. Found a great-shape F-350 Crew with 6.4 at 105K at a decent price ($22K). Went through everything before I bought it and it only had a few minor things (door-latch sensor, etc.) to fix. :D

Drove it 2 days before my service appt. with Ford for a full service. Watched for leaks the whole time, only found 1 coming from the drain plug washer...no problem. Dropped it off early, tech warmed it up for the coolant flush and pulled it in. From the spot that I parked it to the rack, it left a trail of oil. :(

Aborted the servicing, gave 'em the OK to find/fix. Waited a week for the backlog of Dodges to clear the bays, then she went in. 2 days of dye/troubleshooting and they came up with HPFP cover gasket. Waited a week to get parts due to weather delays, tech broke 2 bolts trying to do a cab-on turbo removal, so was forced to pull the cab. Oil is coming from the Turbos in excess quantities. Doesn't appear to be a drain issue or anything else easy...they say its the turbos (and yes I had good boost while driving). $3K..ish for Reman'd turbos, will have to clean out the CAC and probably intercooler. Total parts & labor at $6K so far. :eek:

Didn't buy from a Ford dealer so didn't get an OASIS before now...it actually has zero records. :lookaround:

Called the dealer I bought it from and got the "as-is" and "should've bought $3k extended warranty" run-around. :bsflag:

Maybe next week I'll get it back, hopefully this is the last of it for now. All I know is that if you sell your trusty PSD's and drive Chevy's a couple of years, the Powerstroke-Gods will get even. :pointlaugh:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could upgrade...but the truck badly needs some other mods that I'll have to sneak in with the repair cost.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts