Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ventured off of the diesel path and bought a F250 gasser. The price was right with only 45k miles. Sure is nice to drive an updated truck. For the first time ever I now drive the newest vehicle in my family fleet of vehicles!

I still have my '96 powerstroke @ 433k miles. Drove the powerstroke to work this morning...still need that diesel sound, trying to get used to the quiet of the 2015 gasser.

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
Nice. I drive one daily for work and I've really haven't had any issues. The alt just sent out at 125k. That's about it.

·
don't play well w others
3,659 Posts
6.2 runs great. Be prepared to spend some time at the gas pumps tho, it's a little thirsty

·
7,984 Posts
i have had my 2014 for 1 year now and the only complaints are 9-11 mpg in town driving,
and an occasional cold no start condition no one can figure out.
every now and then it will sound like the fuel pump died. but if you floor the throttle while cranking it will start and act like it is flooded.
feathering the throttle for a minute or so to keep it running, and then it is fine.
don't do it all the time either. could be three days in a row, then will not do it for 3-4 weeks.

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts
The lie o meter

The cause

It runs 12 hours a day.

·
don't play well w others
3,659 Posts
i have had my 2014 for 1 year now and the only complaints are 9-11 mpg in town driving,
and an occasional cold no start condition no one can figure out.
every now and then it will sound like the fuel pump died. but if you floor the throttle while cranking it will start and act like it is flooded.
feathering the throttle for a minute or so to keep it running, and then it is fine.
don't do it all the time either. could be three days in a row, then will not do it for 3-4 weeks.
temp sending unit to the computer has a short in it. Replace it with a NAPA unit. Cost about $22. Had the same trouble with the E 450 6.8, and the 06 f 150 4.6

I have had the 18 for 5 days , it runs just like the 6.8, fuel mileage is about the same.
It will set you in the seat when you stomp it

·
don't play well w others
3,659 Posts
Hard start. Think of it as a choke in the old days. If the sender reads cold, computer is in open loop, floods engine
hot, and closed, stays in closed loop, no start

J just reminded me the 4.0 'Sploder did that too.

The 18 is a pig for gas milage. sorry. Of course, I didn't expect it to be real good. that's a lot of truck to push around

Better than my 18 Dudge POS

·
7,984 Posts
ok, will try the temp sender.

yea, kind of hard justifying spending $50 grand on a truck that only gets 13 mph, ain't it?
but suer feels good to step on it and instantly be going warp speed !

·
don't play well w others
3,659 Posts
Dudge is going to be gone next month
I hate that truck
The Ford 6.2 has the same, or better power as my 6.8 right out of the box, so I'm happy.
Haven't put a trailer on it yet, but I think it will do as well as any of my oil burners in the same class

·
7,984 Posts
temp sending unit to the computer has a short in it. Replace it with a NAPA unit. Cost about $22. Had the same trouble with the E 450 6.8, and the 06 f 150 4.6
engine coolant temp sensor, cylinder head temp sensor, or ambient air temp sensor

·
7,984 Posts
Dudge is going to be gone next month
I hate that truck
The Ford 6.2 has the same, or better power as my 6.8 right out of the box, so I'm happy.
Haven't put a trailer on it yet, but I think it will do as well as any of my oil burners in the same class
knowing you, i am really surprised it lasted this long!!

·
don't play well w others
3,659 Posts
knowing you, i am really surprised it lasted this long!!
Hey, If I weren't getting paid for it having a plow on it, it would have left a while ago......

·
don't play well w others
3,659 Posts
Yeah, I know.
Soon, the body comes off, and it will be pumpin poop

A fitting job for it

·
7,984 Posts
so it will go from being a sheit box of a utility tuck to a shietbox of a sheit truck, huh?

·
don't play well w others
3,659 Posts
Yup, pump grease traps in parking garages
can't wait to see the look on Billy's face driving that thing loaded.......

Sloshy dudge turd......

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hey fellas,

I finally took my gasser out on the highway for a small trip...900 mile roundtrip. Sure was nice driving. Comfortable, quiet, a very nice ride with speeds averaging 85 and up to triple digits at times.

Gonna do it again this weekend and I will keep track of the mileage and fuel use.

So my question is...it looks like 5 star is the place for the gasser tuner...I have 46k miles on the trk, is that the tuner to get and will it make a difference in the 6.2 like tuning a powerstroke?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts