Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm looking at 2002 F350 SuperCab 4x4 with 7.3L and only 101K miles. Truck looks, runs and drives like new.This is like my dream truck. It's perfect. Except, they want $17500 which seems high to me for an 18 year old truck. What do ya'll think? What all should I check and look for before I buy it. And, if I buy it what should I do it to ensure reliability?

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
17500, wow are they gonna give you a courtesy reach around while they are sticking it to you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know right heavydoc. Im thinking more like 13500 at the most. Gonna offer 12000 and see what happens. But these are getting harder to find now, and I need a truck right now (my '08 has proven itself unreliable and is currently in need of extensive repairs).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Good Lord! That's steep for a 7.3 reliability is simple. Just drive it and change fluids regularly.

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
I'm thinking 11 to 11500 is reasonable

·
Administrator
8,349 Posts
12 years ago i paid $12,000 for my 02 with new front end, new tires, and a plow.

·
PSN intsigator
6,625 Posts
Mine had 200000 and paid 9500

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm looking at 2002 F350 SuperCab 4x4 with 7.3L and only 101K miles. Truck looks, runs and drives like new.This is like my dream truck. It's perfect. Except, they want $17500 which seems high to me for an 18 year old truck. What do ya'll think? What all should I check and look for before I buy it. And, if I buy it what should I do it to ensure reliability?
....considering what they get for new ones.....if it looks, runs and drives like new, I'd say $17k is reasonable....

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
....considering what they get for new ones.....if it looks, runs and drives like new, I'd say $17k is reasonable....
Newbie here -- I agree.

When I was shopping around, trucks that sounded and look good - not excellent, not new - were around $14-15 K.

I bought my basket case as a project truck, and it has $22k in it. Of course, a few really nice upgrades, but . . .

Does the guy have maintenance records? If immaculately maintained and runs and looks like new, $17k is reasonable.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Wow... I'll count my lucky stars.. I picked up my 97 CCLB about 10 years ago for 7k. Of course I did upgrade the transmission to an RTO6610 for around 3.5k.

Cj

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've only had my 02 for about a year. CCSB with 190k, paid about 11k. I thought I overpaid for it too. A supercab is worth even less. Sure these don't come around too often, especially with 100k on them. But wait around a month or two and you're bound to come across a few more (maybe not with 100k but what's 50-100k mi worth in dollars??? Not $7000!)
Then again only you know what it's worth to you.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This truck is at the "stealership" I imagine? The biggest concern that I see is that if you pay that price, and it's get "borrowed" a.k.a. stolen, or you wreck it, it's worth about 10K in insurance$, if you keep everything but collision on it. I know the likelihood of either is reasonably low, but something to consider. They probably gave around 8-9 on the trade, detailed it, and put it on the lot. Plus, if it's not a Ford dealer, good luck getting any short term warranty work. I'm with heavydoc on this one. 11-12K max., and keep trying the interweb. They are out there in private hands, and if you get really lucky, you come across one getting ready to be traded, and up the offer.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts