Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

961 - 967 of 967 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sweet! I'll have to check those out!
The auto parts stores have been bad about wrong parts... And sometimes it isn't even them, but the suppliers that do it! I had to rebuild my D50 and I got the spindle bearing kit. Comes with two seals and the needle bearing (this is a pain as is, nobody lists the correct part kit for this and they will try to sell you the previous 4 piece kit..). The seals were right, but the needle bearings were way too small. Would not even fit on the axle shaft. I ended up having to buy the bearings separate..

Also, the PO of my F-250, put the wrong discs on. I pulled the pads and found they had a groove on the outside. Turned out the rotors for the light weight axle are a smaller diameter. It explained why the truck stopped like crap lol

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #962
sorted out the brakes, kid at the "zone" simply pulled down the wrong boxes...something with a 8 on them instead of a 6. The manager was a little upset with cashier "number 2" said that is the 3rd time this week...... hmmm really makes me want to run to Autozone for parts, eh???. I should have checked the parts more carefully before leaving the store but with this social distancing thing nobody wants to touch any counters or boxes or etc
Glad they had the correct calipers in stock and both sides were matching

Truck is back on the road! Ready to haul firewood, dozer parts and rangers.....
Really happy with the new Motorcraft starter.......it is amazing what good battery terminals, clean cables and a new starter will do to a 7.3

Yes my valve covers are leaking, not nearly as bad as they used to! I need new valve covers as these ones have been over torqued a time or two.

I also replaced the alternator pigtail.... the wires leading into it have seen better days since 1997. With the alternator in this spot these wires are the first thing you lay your arm on when working on the back of the engine..all is better now

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #964
mini excavator is awesome! The Takeuchi is running awesome, I am just getting it out from winter storage.
The build thread for the mini ex and the bulldozer are both on heavyequipment forum

Last year the "Tak" received alot of attention, I replaced all the rollers in the undercarriage, went through the engines injection pump with new O rings, rebuilt the turbo oil feed line and a bunch of other stuff to bring it up to speed. The snow is just melting here in North Idaho, I just sold a v8 ranger so I am able to go buy some culverts to add to our road...the Tak will be digging ditches in just a week or so. I have turned my attention to the 1973 Case bulldozer we got last year as well, so far this spring I have already had two of the hydraulic rams rebuilt... the Case 350 needs undercarriage and track work and perhaps an alternator.

The F350 will get put to work hauling rock and dirt and materials to help upkeep our land and road.
Spring is here! Time to get digging!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #965

I love fixing up old neglected stuff! this machine is like an extension of myself....I call it the Worlds Greatest Shovel = ie the backsaver!!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #967

here is build thread

961 - 967 of 967 Posts