Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

961 - 974 of 974 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Sweet! I'll have to check those out!
The auto parts stores have been bad about wrong parts... And sometimes it isn't even them, but the suppliers that do it! I had to rebuild my D50 and I got the spindle bearing kit. Comes with two seals and the needle bearing (this is a pain as is, nobody lists the correct part kit for this and they will try to sell you the previous 4 piece kit..). The seals were right, but the needle bearings were way too small. Would not even fit on the axle shaft. I ended up having to buy the bearings separate..

Also, the PO of my F-250, put the wrong discs on. I pulled the pads and found they had a groove on the outside. Turned out the rotors for the light weight axle are a smaller diameter. It explained why the truck stopped like crap lol

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #962 ·
sorted out the brakes, kid at the "zone" simply pulled down the wrong boxes...something with a 8 on them instead of a 6. The manager was a little upset with cashier "number 2" said that is the 3rd time this week...... hmmm really makes me want to run to Autozone for parts, eh???. I should have checked the parts more carefully before leaving the store but with this social distancing thing nobody wants to touch any counters or boxes or etc
Glad they had the correct calipers in stock and both sides were matching

Truck is back on the road! Ready to haul firewood, dozer parts and rangers.....
Really happy with the new Motorcraft starter.......it is amazing what good battery terminals, clean cables and a new starter will do to a 7.3

Yes my valve covers are leaking, not nearly as bad as they used to! I need new valve covers as these ones have been over torqued a time or two.

I also replaced the alternator pigtail.... the wires leading into it have seen better days since 1997. With the alternator in this spot these wires are the first thing you lay your arm on when working on the back of the engine..all is better now

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #964 ·
mini excavator is awesome! The Takeuchi is running awesome, I am just getting it out from winter storage.
The build thread for the mini ex and the bulldozer are both on heavyequipment forum

Last year the "Tak" received alot of attention, I replaced all the rollers in the undercarriage, went through the engines injection pump with new O rings, rebuilt the turbo oil feed line and a bunch of other stuff to bring it up to speed. The snow is just melting here in North Idaho, I just sold a v8 ranger so I am able to go buy some culverts to add to our road...the Tak will be digging ditches in just a week or so. I have turned my attention to the 1973 Case bulldozer we got last year as well, so far this spring I have already had two of the hydraulic rams rebuilt... the Case 350 needs undercarriage and track work and perhaps an alternator.

The F350 will get put to work hauling rock and dirt and materials to help upkeep our land and road.
Spring is here! Time to get digging!

Reactions: blueoval4life

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #965 ·

I love fixing up old neglected stuff! this machine is like an extension of myself....I call it the Worlds Greatest Shovel = ie the backsaver!!

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #967 ·

here is build thread

Reactions: Robertl211

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #968 ·
Thanks to my buddy in Colorado it looks like I will be headed to CO to pickup a 2010 F350 6.4 extended cab zf6 truck that has no title and has already been pieced a bit.
The good news is its a complete rolling chassis with 3.55 limited slip front and rear axles
MIA is the zf6, the turbos, the seats, the bed, etc etc...........
I am after the 2010 axles, suspension for my 97 OBS :)
Stay tuned
For sale will be a lightly used reverse shackle kit for F350 OBS :)

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Native Texan
9,110 Posts
Maybe a full on frame swap. Swap cab and bed off of the obs onto the newer frame.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: heavydoc

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #970 ·
is that possible? with mine being a 4 door and this 2010 being extended cab? Both trucks are long bed
My 97 has flatbed I am sure it can be jimmied around, also I can fab up body mounts if needed.
It would be nice, the 2010 frame is supposedly very clean and my 97 is due for all new bushings anyways

·
Native Texan
9,110 Posts
is that possible? with mine being a 4 door and this 2010 being extended cab? Both trucks are long bed
My 97 has flatbed I am sure it can be jimmied around, also I can fab up body mounts if needed.
It would be nice, the 2010 frame is supposedly very clean and my 97 is due for all new bushings anyways
I would look at it anything is possible. I think the newer extended cabs are bigger then the obs extended cabs so it may work will definitely require some fab work. I know someone put an obs body on a 6.0l i think

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Reactions: 410customs

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Wasn't that CumminsJunkie that pulled the obs onto a newer frame?? I know he upgraded the engine to a 6.0 as well.

Reactions: 410customs

·
Registered
1995 f350
1 Posts
HA!!!! I settled
My bed has mounts for 30" boxes. I cannot afford 30" boxes, so I settled with 24" aluminum boxes for $76 each SHIPPED!!
I would normally just watch craigslist like a hawk for the next two months until I found the perfect 30" boxes, but I did not want to wait. This truck needs to carry tools, recovery gear and straps and I do not want them all over my back seat. So when I saw these suckers for $76 each I pulled the trigger. They may not be the greatest boxes but they will do for now! I will do a review on them when they get here.
I love Amazon

I spent yesterday building filler necks between terrible football games (Broncos loss). I hope Kubiak is okay he was taken to hospital after game
Very happy with the results! Good thing because I was down to 3/8 tank in the front and near empty rear

Woulnd't you know it these cheaper boxes are avail in 24" or 36" no 30" option
30" boxes START at $230 each

Amazon.com: Yaheetech 24"L Aluminum Truck Trailer Pickup Tool Box Flatbed Storage W/Lock: Automotive
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #974 ·
I'm back! The F350 has been getting used and abused
Now summer of 2021 she needs a little love
I developed a small fuel leak that eventually got worse and worse until the small drip turned into a large puddle
The hard fuel line that feeds/ routes up around the ac compressor and feed the tight wad pressure regulator ruptured. My bad! The retainer bolt is MIA, so the line just rubbed through.
RiffRaff had these lines IN STOCK, in fact they were the only place online I was able to easily locate these replacement parts
Truck is in the shop getting
all new steering linkage (moog problem solver, yuck see how long it lasts)
trac bar bushings
sway bar bushings
Fuel lines replaced
I have been using this truck daily, all winter.........she is one tough SOB
I am also planning to finally finish my interior upgrades, I have a superduty rubber floor kit, I want to do a black headliner, black dash and customize the rear door panels & plastic trim to match, then the whole interior will be black

Pics coming!!
I love my 97 CCFB OBS!!!!!!

Reactions: blueoval4life
961 - 974 of 974 Posts