Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I'd like to say thanks for having me. I have never owned (and still don't, I'm a GM guy) a Ford of any kind. I stand to "inherit" my Father In Law's one owner 1997 Ford F250 HD CCSB 4x4 at some point so I have started lurking around this site to get the skinny on what upgrades are worth the squeeze and where to source parts, reliable vendors, etc. I've already read a decent amount on here though I'm not sure I know what most of it means. I've never owned a diesel myself but have used many of them for work. I'm just here to learn and ask questions and i needed to make an account in order to see some of the pictures that are posted here. Anyways, thanks again for having me and I appreciate any help or advice that I receive here. See y'all around!

·
PSN intsigator
6,941 Posts
Welcome to the nation from WNC

·
Project Shamu
2,926 Posts
Welcome welcome. The mod bug seems to have already bit you! You'll fit in in no time!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! I'm not sure what you mean by the model bug but I'm sure I found a way to mess something up so no hard feelings on my part LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I'm in Arkansas so at least if there's anything that is way over my head I can reach out to BTS. I spoke with a woman there today and she was extremely pleasant and helpful. I'm a big believer in first impressions so they've got my business when the time comes. Plus, I always buy local if I can.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Mod Bug:

Loose term among truck owners,

Meaning the obsessive and contagious need to "modify" ones truck,

Be it for more horsepower, fuel economy, weight handling capabilities, dependability, impressing the opposite sex, having something different, having something like someone else's, making it your own, looks, coolness, general bada$$ness, or sometimes, just for something to do.

No judgement here, I think we all have it to some degree.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

·
Project Shamu
2,926 Posts
Thanks! I'm sure I'll enjoy it. I'm in Arkansas so at least if there's anything that is way over my head I can reach out to BTS. I spoke with a woman there today and she was extremely pleasant and helpful. I'm a big believer in first impressions so they've got my business when the time comes. Plus, I always buy local if I can.
BTS is a great place, the woman working the phones is extremely knowledgeable and very nice, and I guess Brian aint that bad either haha.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh, wow. Sorry, I thought you were referring to forum mods. Yes, that's definitely me, though, I always try to do mods that I consider tasteful and practical. My daily driver 2017 Silverado looks absolutely bone stock from the outside and it pretty much is. I've added under seat storage, exhaust tip, cold air intake tube (not full kit), LED bed lights, tonneau cover, tie down rings, black bowties and full aluminum skid plates that I sanded, primed and bedlined black. Nothing too crazy at all. I intend to do the same with the Ford once I get it. I'm mainly just looking to improve on a few things that Ford overlooked such as insulation and sound deadening, intercooler, spring and shackle kit, slightly larger injectors and turbo. I just want a clean truck to drive around and have Ford guys drooling on the weekends LOL. I doubt many women even notice what type of truck a man drives unless they are trying to gauge his income levels and those types are usually more into the guy driving a Range Rover or similar.

I just want the slickest CCSB in my town but I'm sure it will take me a while to get there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL I'm going to take the truck over there when I get it and just have them do a couple of tests and inspect things just to give me a heads up of what I'm looking at. I figure compression checks and just a good once over of the major systems will let me know what to watch out for and where I need to focus my attention. Yes, she said she would let me talk to Brian but he wasn't in and I hate to pull a man away from his work anyhow. I'll meet them in due time I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Oh, wow. Sorry, I thought you were referring to forum mods. Yes, that's definitely me, though, I always try to do mods that I consider tasteful and practical. My daily driver 2017 Silverado looks absolutely bone stock from the outside and it pretty much is. I've added under seat storage, exhaust tip, cold air intake tube (not full kit), LED bed lights, tonneau cover, tie down rings, black bowties and full aluminum skid plates that I sanded, primed and bedlined black. Nothing too crazy at all. I intend to do the same with the Ford once I get it. I'm mainly just looking to improve on a few things that Ford overlooked such as insulation and sound deadening, intercooler, spring and shackle kit, slightly larger injectors and turbo. I just want a clean truck to drive around and have Ford guys drooling on the weekends LOL. I doubt many women even notice what type of truck a man drives unless they are trying to gauge his income levels and those types are usually more into the guy driving a Range Rover or similar.

I just want the slickest CCSB in my town but I'm sure it will take me a while to get there.
Oh that Mod Bug, it's called Double-Postiphylis.
@tjctransport is the main carrier.

·
don't play well w others
4,216 Posts
Oh that Mod Bug, it's called Double-Postiphylis.
@tjctransport is the main window licker around here He drives the short bus.....

Fixed it for ya...….:D

Welcome to the site, hopefully we can help with what you need.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Welcome! IMHO CCSB OBS diesels are the rarest and coolest of the OBS Fords. To me it is the pinnacle of classic looks, simplicity and performance. A very upgradeable platform. That is why mine is getting a very through rehab/ upgrade session with the plan of driving it 20 more years.

Reactions: Blue-Truck-Nut97
1 - 15 of 15 Posts