Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, I bought an 05 F-250 with the 6.0 in it to pull a 30' camper. I drive it everyday to work. I had it back to the local dealer when it died suddenly after a damp day start up. A few hundred dollars later I asked the service manager about some mods to the truck. He said "Keep the programers off it and drive it like you stold it". What can I safely do to this rig to make improvements with out making it a full blown pull toy? Thanks for any info. Don

·
Registered
668 Posts
Egr delete and studs gauges and a programmer for the delete
Also a turbo back exhaust..

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
When ya get this figured out, let me know what I can help you with...

but yes the basics are EGR delete, exhaust, coolant filtration, programmer

·
546 Posts
but yes the basics are EGR delete, exhaust, coolant filtration, programmer[/QUOTE]

I would also add gauges or a edge insight to monitor things. Also slowly save for studs and gaskets as sometime down the road you will need them. O and welcome to :psn:

·
Registered
208 Posts
to be honest in my experiances my two buddies have 6.0's and they both have had them for 50k + miles and they have programmers intakes and exhaust.. they beat the hell out of their trucks allmost every day and never had a problem.Now on the other hand my dads friend has a 6.0 that he's been driving for about 40k its bone stock and drives it like a granpa and hes had nothing but problems. so i think you just need to beat them weekely or atleast untill she breaks :p

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input, and for the offer "must be nice". Guess I thought that a diesel took regular maintenance and ran a half million miles. I found some good food for thought at BPD. And it seems they have a dealer in Crown Point, In. Checking out the options. I've kind of isolated myself from my regular mechanic with a diesel so I'll have to learn as I go. Lots ofd good info. here tho.

·
Registered
208 Posts
this is all the information you can get. because what every you broke or if somethings wrong. someone else had it first haha.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
While going over all the options I have to wonder, why wouldn't Ford have done these themselves long ago. Right now I'm looking at a coolant flush, an intake (enclosed), and a larger exhaust. Seems a shame to pull a perfectly good one off tho. Dang it!

·
546 Posts
The stock intake is good up to around 500 HP, no need to spend money on that unless you really want to. A bigger exhaust will help keep your egt's down when pulling the camper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts