Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum, but not new to diesels haha. My questions are regarding the fuel system.
1.) How is the injection pump driven? belt or something else?
2.) What kind of transfer pump is used? If an airdog, or fass system is installed, does it cancel out the need for a transfer pump?
3.) Where are your fuel rails located? how do the lines run from the pump to the rails?
4.) Are the return lines coming out of the back of the heads or out of the rails?
5.) And finally can somebody please post some pictures of their engine bay, paying close detail to the injection pump, fuel lines to rails, rails, and return if possible :poke:

Thanks everybody! Any and all info would be appreciated greatly!
And also I should add why I'm asking all of these questions. Well my friend and I are trying to figure out a ''Cheaper'' way to convert a 7.3 to common rail injection.

Yes I understand it'll be a pain in the butt, but from my understanding it will be a new adventure in the realm of the 7.3.

Again thank you everyone.

·
Registered
750 Posts
1. injection pump is in valley under turbos.
2. lift pump is on driver side rail, airdog or fass will take care of that.
3. fuel rails are under valve covers.
4. return lines come from HPFP and front of heads.

Good luck with the conversion, you should get a donor truck since you need the entire wiring harness, not just the engine harness.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How is it gear driven? off of the cam? or the crank?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts