Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new tires on my 07 work truck.

With 42,500 miles on my Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armors I started to get some weird looking issues on the sidewalls......so my tire shop pro rated the tires (I still had 8-9/32" of tread left) and I went with the new 325/65R18 Goodyear DuraTrac.
Needed a little more aggressive tire which is why I went with this, surprisingly they are very quiet.
Just had to pull back my inner fender liner and I was good to go without any rubbing issues.

Here's a few pics:

And some pics with the new tires showing the OUO traction bars:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah thoes look nice i wonder how they will wear i am gettin ready to have to get some tires i will prolly go with a 325 as well thats pretty close to a 35 i think.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, these are close to a 35/13R18.

With a leveling kit they should fit depending on the width and back space of the wheels they are on.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Look like a decent tire. What do they run a piece?

·
Registered
154 Posts
Yeah thoes look like they got a decent amount of sipeing, and will be good for all year round. I might look in to thoes. let us know how they wear.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wanted to try the new MT/R with Kevlar as our sales manager just put the 38s on his Jeep and loves them. But they didn't have a size that I liked.
And as my truck is often loaded weighing in at 10,000-11,400lbs I wasn't sure how well they would wear.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For my 18s I would have done the 285/75R18 which is 35.1" tall and rated at 4080lbs per tire.

Didn't like the idea of stepping down to a 285 from a 325....and I don't think I'd get the mileage out of them that I would the DuraTrac.
I put 42,500 miles on my old tires in 27 months....and it doesn't get driven much for 3.5 months of the year :D

My 325s work well for driving on a beach, through the grass etc. at job sites without making ruts.

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
wow. Those are definitly a big improvement from the old silent armor. I like the tread a lot! Looks awsome DC

·
QUITTER :)
873 Posts
Are those MTR w/ Kevlar supposed to be any quieter?

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are those MTR w/ Kevlar supposed to be any quieter?
Our sales manager with the 38s says they are quiet.

Have a set of 42s test fit on a tech/fabricator's truck as well that normally runs 40" Toyo MTs. He says they are quieter and smoother than the Toyos.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Nice looking tires but I hope you have air bags in the front. The weight from the plow will make them rub with only a leveling kit.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts