Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· you want some of this?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New fastest times for me tonight.
Ran a 9.62 @79 mph..Forgot to put it in four wheel drive duh huh. Next two or three passes were at
8.562 @ 81 mph consistent. Sixty foot is still off for some reason. I think we hurt the converter last night on the second pass. Hasnt been as fast off the line since.
Oh well, didnt break anything, was two full seconds faster than the duramax, and got to see the wet t-shirt contest, the chocolate pudding wrestling, and they had a good DJ.
:D. Anybody got an idea what kinda 1/4 mile that translates into?

· Registered
319 Posts
I ran 8.519 @ 78.85 in the 1/8 and 13.544 @ 96.91 in the 1/4. Same run. That was with a 1.894 60'. It's really going to depend on how your truck performs on the big end though. If it pulls strong all the way through I'd say mid 13s. If it starts falling off then low 14s to high 13s.

What size injectors are you running?

· you want some of this?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got beans 230 cc singles. Feels like its pulling hard on the big end. Real hard. I wonder if the fuel pressure is dropping off and slowing me down. That , and I really think that I hurt something in the transmission thursday night. It used to feel like the brakes werent going to hold when I boosted on launch. Now it feels like I'm blowing through the converter. Not slipping, just not bogging the engine. On the upside though, the turbo spools great now. I can leave at around 10-12 psi instead od 25.

· Registered
319 Posts
Yeah a loose converter is fast because it gets the rpms up there where you can get on top of the turbo quick. But if you busted something loose inside it then I wouldn't expect it to last much longer with constant abuse.

I bused mine spooling it up for to long on the line. It would be spooling up then all of a sudden it felt like the TC clutch was trying to lockup and bog the engine down. Did it a few times in the same day and I was like WTF. I pulled off to the side of pit lane to test it to see if I could figure out what was going on and SNAP!!!! It let go and killed the engine. Sounded like a bunch of bolts rolling around in it when I had it in neutral and as soon as I put it in gear it would kill the engine. It was locked up solid. Was a total PITA trying to drive it up on the truck when if you had it in Drive it was moving and only way to stop it was kill it or throw it in Neutral real quick.

· you want some of this?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Its not making any noises, and feels fine driving around. Even on the strip its fine , other than just is looser than before. I hope the stupid thing breaks before the warranty runs out. If it does, Im gonna see if they'll just refund my money. After two stock replacements from, jasper, if the monsterbox breaks, I want a BTS.

· you want some of this?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah a loose converter is fast because it gets the rpms up there where you can get on top of the turbo quick. But if you busted something loose inside it then I wouldn't expect it to last much longer with constant abuse.

I bused mine spooling it up for to long on the line. It would be spooling up then all of a sudden it felt like the TC clutch was trying to lockup and bog the engine down. Did it a few times in the same day and I was like WTF. I pulled off to the side of pit lane to test it to see if I could figure out what was going on and SNAP!!!! It let go and killed the engine. Sounded like a bunch of bolts rolling around in it when I had it in neutral and as soon as I put it in gear it would kill the engine. It was locked up solid. Was a total PITA trying to drive it up on the truck when if you had it in Drive it was moving and only way to stop it was kill it or throw it in Neutral real quick.
Thats exactly what I did. The guy in the other lane was dragging it out staging. I was boosted pretty high for at least twenty or thirty seconds. Then when I launched it felt like it was in second gear. Didnt want to go at all. Let her cool off, and made a couple more passes all was good. Just a slower 60 foot. Need to change the fluid and filter for sure.

· Registered
319 Posts
The last race I ran it did it to me off the line too. It felt like it was trying to lock up right before the launch and from it doing that it put to much stress on the drive train and as soon as I left it spit pieces of front output yoke from under my truck.

· you want some of this?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ouch, thats gonna leave a mark. Soon as I get some bills paid off, I'm gonna start saving for a BTS for sure. I hate to pull it out if theres nothing wrong, but something has to give. It should be pulling a 1.65 60 foot. To go from a 1.78 on 350 hp , to a 1.88 with somewhere upwards of 450??? Dont make sense. I mean, its not spinning. It used to roll all six tires over for two or three feet.

· 10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,279 Posts
well just ran mine tonight. Torque Tow Tune. I have to run this because i still
have a single stock hpop. if i go up to a tow power tune then it trips the ses light for icp not controllable. so once i get by gen 3 pump i can run a insanity
tune and it should pick pick up a better time.

i dont know what my 60ft was because something was wrong with the tracks
system in the left lane. i wish i new.

this is with a .063 jet

8.91 @76.635 (full tank of fuel and about 300 pounds in the bed.)

· you want some of this?
2,917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not bad! I know you got a lot more there. Just wait till its got the oil, and you can turn it up! You got a fuel system yet? I"m not going back to the track till I got at least a gauge, and another pump installed. I wants me some 8.30's. I know its got it, if the 60 foot goes back where it should be. Once you get it turned up, you'll be wanting a bigger nos jet. Probly around a .073, maybe a hair bigger. Mine seems to run better with less juice with the new injectors.?? Maybe cause of fuel pressure dropping off? Def stronger in the 120 race, than the 140ex.
Cant wait!!

· 10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,279 Posts
no fuel system yet. so i am going to upgrade that to when i go to do the gen 3 oil pump........... swamps giving me a hell of a package deal.:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.