Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
compresion ignition adict
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new miller diversion 165 AC/DC tig today... man this thing rocks... reasonably priced... super easy to use... lovin it.

·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

So for anyone intrested in buying a TIG i can honestly say this little machine is amazing... Ive been using all diffrent shapes and sizes for years and this thing performs just as well as machines priced 3 times as much.. its a 230v 165 amp AC/DC tig. Ive got a few projects im working on so ill post up some pics eventually... im going to be fabing up a set of aluminum IC tubes for my cummins conversion soon too.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
sweet rig...

I have a Miller Dynasty 350.....

And a bunch of other toys.

2. Miller Trailblazer PRO 350D.......diesel welder w/ WC-115a, a Spoolmatic 30A, a HF-251D-1 high freq.

3. Miller Spectrum® 1000 Plasma cutter.......cuts 1" plate steel.

4. Miller Maxstar® 150 S .....suit case stick welder

At home I have:

Miller Maxstar® 150 STH
Best of Class - provides maximum portability and performance in the most compact TIG/Stick package in the industry

And eye protection is provided by Miller Inferno Digital welding helmet......1 at work, and I have one at home too.

·
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man... this is my first tig... have a couple 110 migs (snapon, craftsman) and an old lincoln 225 stick. Im hoping to build the air/hyd tube bender off gottrikes.com. Getin a small fab shop goin.. i really enjoy fabin stuff.... Man you have some nice machines.. what do you recomend for a plasma... thats going to be my next big buy.

·
King Dingaling
9,386 Posts
most likely you won't need anything to cut over 1/4" plate.

so either a Miller Spectrum 375 or a Spectrum 375 X-TREME

·
Registered
200 Posts
most likely you won't need anything to cut over 1/4" plate.

so either a Miller Spectrum 375 or a Spectrum 375 X-TREME
thanks for the recomendations tank. was thinking about looking at them and after a lil research pulled the trigger on the 375 x-treme. 907339 is part number for the old version going out and is actually a lil more $ than the newer 907303. as plasma cutters have been dropping in price considerably over the last couple years, the new version is a couple bucks cheaper. cant wait to try it out.:D

·
Bye-Bye 6.0, Hello 7.3!
80 Posts
I run a Miller Dynasty 200DX for TIG and stick, I have a Linde (sold as ESAB these days) V-160 MIG, and a Hypertherm Powermax 600 plasma cutter. I really want a Miller 250 MIG with a push/pull or a spool gun some day for my aluminum projects.

I also have an ancient Miller Dial-Arc 250 with TIG, but it's a beast to use because it doesn't have the ability to use a foot pedal. It pretty much an antique but I learned to weld on it, so I can't brin myself to part with it.

I just put a bunch of my equipment to work this weekend building a 5" stack system for my truck. You sure can't do the cool projects if you don't have the right tools (or skills)!

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 52 here. Lincoln 175 Home Depot mig. Buddy has a syncrowave 180 TIG. I want to get a water cooled one cause that thing gets warm...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Have the same Thermal Dynamics plasma works really well but seems to eat thru tips fast, have a Miller 251 wirefeed with a spool gun works awesome cant beat a Miller. And a Thermal Dynamic 185ST tig. The tig works good for aluminum up to 1/4 then after that you have to preheat or use the wirefeed. You are right about need a water cooler for the tig. I built a 125 gallon fuel tank out of .090 aluminuim had about 30ft of welding to do and man did that tourch gets hot. We have a 375 lincoln tig at work and I have found a few used one but they still want 3 grand for them. I need a tub bender before a new tig.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts