Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys need ur help ! just got my 2001 excursion7.3 back from having 175/146 sticks & ts chipped installed and having some trouble . I really like the power its making and when i floor it {rolling start in 1st} it has a terrible shutter and shakes stuff so bad that a drink will come out of the dash cup holder ! Its damn well alarming ! it feels like its coming from the trans but im not sure ? anyone had sumthin similar to this ?????????? i just had the trans built about 2years ago and its still under warranty ! i looked on the invoice for the trans and it has a HD billet torque converter but was only $380 shops cost ? not even sure that the TC is whats causing this ? any help would cool !

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts
sounds like the trans slipping on you...is the TC a triple disk??

·
Registered
454 Posts
At what speed does it start to shutter? Is it only on hard acceleration? Is it inbetween shifts?

1. Could be u joint or pinion
2. Could be TC. Had a few 4R100s shutter around 40-50 mph, drain the fluid from the TC, put in new fluid, everything fine.
3. Could be trans not liking the shift points and hesitating to shift.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if its a triple disk tc ? I doubt it for $400 !

It seems like it might be doin it from 1st to 2nd gear, and yes it only does it on hard acceleration ,all seems fine otherwise . I guess its about 30-40 mph when it happens ? But like I said ,its very very violent ! Down right scary , feels like the damn trucks gonna come apart !!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Just a shot in the dark but did you check if your leaf springs are crack or u bolt broken?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Most likely TC. Just wanna be sure youre not having bad axle wrap

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea I will check those,thanx

I was thinkin also maybe ,sumthin in the rear end? Only because of it feeling like sumthin is stripped out for lack of a better description , it scares me so bad I automaticly back out of it
The first time it happened I had just made a u-turn and punched it and the next time I pulled out of a gas station turning right and got down on it ?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Spider gears your saying? Pull your cover off and check to see if you have teeth laying in the bottom haha. Happened to my chevy once...or 4

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Mine did that when I ate up the limited slip...

I changed to some synthetic stuff. I forget what... But I also added friction modifier. It seems to have cleared up for the most part. As an added side effect, the rear is basically locked... I only notice it now on long sharp curves like turn-arounds and such...

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Have a look at caltracs ,and a few other designs...di had one in the works i thought at one time.

Sound more like wrap to me then slipping. You did get your chip burned and tunned for your new injectors eh?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the responses preciate y'all, yes sir I did get the chip burned for the new injectors and the trans. im gonna check the rear end over the holidays . I kinda still think its sumthin in the trans ? Its hard to describe exactly what its doin ,its just so damn violent . Its like it stops pullin for a second? Maybe I can video it ? Thanx again guys ,keep them ideas comin ,im gonna check into all of ur ideas

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wally01 do u have any pix of ur DIY ladder bars? Im pretty good with a tig box and fabbing stuff up. Its raining down in georgia today, so the streets r wet and when I got on it this morning it was fine . It was only about an hour after the rain stopped that it did it but not as bad . Im starting think maybe bad axle wrap ,still gonna check tranny and all other ideas ,thanx guys have a good turkey day and God Bless

1 - 13 of 13 Posts