Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw a new super duty for the first time at the local dealership. It looks like a fairly solid truck but the pictures posted on the web don't do justice to how ugly they really are. Calling the engine scorpion sounds mean and intimidating but why do they go and make the truck look like a carp?

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
For me at least 3 main things should be changed/added.

1: Offer the manual transmission as an option.
2: Change those ugly dually rear fenders (f-350/450)
3: Take out the regen stuff

Yeah, I know the last one cannot be done due to epa regulations, but can you imagine how much power can this beast can generate without it.

·
I bleed blue!
334 Posts
I just saw a new super duty for the first time at the local dealership. It looks like a fairly solid truck but the pictures posted on the web don't do justice to how ugly they really are. Calling the engine scorpion sounds mean and intimidating but why do they go and make the truck look like a carp?
Um ok It's not called scorpion anymore it's a Powerstroke. Don't you keep up with the current events on here?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yea i stopped to look at one this weekend, Im not sure what fords smoking but i want some!!
60K for a F-250 CCSB 4X4 lariot.
Im sorry thats nuts 60k for a pickup?!?!?!?!?! Huh i wonder why new vehicle sales are down, Am i the only one that thinks thats crazy???

·
<-- GO BRONCOS
965 Posts
Yea i stopped to look at one this weekend, Im not sure what fords smoking but i want some!!
60K for a F-250 CCSB 4X4 lariot.
Im sorry thats nuts 60k for a pickup?!?!?!?!?! Huh i wonder why new vehicle sales are down, Am i the only one that thinks thats crazy???
What, you don't want a $1600.00 truck payment? LOL :doh:

·
brandon
778 Posts
The King Ranch I looked at today was 64k. I just can't see spending that much. Give them two or three years and i can afford one.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
did someone serve you a glass of haterade? quit bitchin' and get over it, ford already designed and built the pickup and didn't even ask you:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah: doesn't mean i dont agree with a few of the statements, i think if u threw a lil paint on the outer edge of the grille to tone it down would look great, and the fenders idk, they might grow on my, might not, i havent seen one in person yet

·
Registered
259 Posts
What, you don't want a $1600.00 truck payment? LOL :doh:
Nope............ I would not pay that for a house payment.
Life's to short man. Why make you life about paying big bills so you look cool for a year or two? It makes no sence to me heck i can go buy a loaded Dodge Challenger Srt-8 for 45K i would much rather have one of those

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
I live in a third world country called Puerto Rico and a Harley Davidson F-250 fully equiped can cost over $80,000 + taxes.

That f%^^ insane.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I live in a third world country called Puerto Rico and a Harley Davidson F-250 fully equiped can cost over $80,000 + taxes.

That f%^^ insane.
If they come out with the Platinum trim, I can see it easily being $70k here. I can't see anyone buying one to actually work out of, maybe use it at a luxury hauler at the most. Plats are definitely nice though. I'd give up my FX4 F150 for one if I wasn't afraid of scratching it! LOL

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
If they come out with the Platinum trim, I can see it easily being $70k here. I can't see anyone buying one to actually work out of, maybe use it at a luxury hauler at the most. Plats are definitely nice though. I'd give up my FX4 F150 for one if I wasn't afraid of scratching it! LOL
Yeah!
that's true my friend. A Harley Davidson with the most expensive trim available can reach $80,000 + taxes and only a few people can afford that, the most common trucks you see here are XL models (work trucks)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yeah!
that's true my friend. A Harley Davidson with the most expensive trim available can reach $80,000 + taxes and only a few people can afford that, the most common trucks you see here are XL models (work trucks)
The most common here in Texas are Lariats and KRs (obviously). Lariats are as common as XLs here. When we got our '09, obviously we liked the Lariat, but even if we had wanted an XL or XLT we would have been SOL. Our dealership simply does not stock them. They had close to 30 SD on the lot and the majority of them were fully loaded Lariats.

No complaints though, other than the high monthly payment. We needed a truck ASAP after last one went belly up, and one with a warranty. It gets worked too. Tools hauled in the back seat, etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Makes more sense to buy a 2010 or a used one. I like the rear locker, the hill control, the cool dash screen and the six speed but I don't need any of those things for what I'll use the truck for. Plus I hate the new badges. They look like a bird's head.

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
Yeah!
You could buy 1-2 year old Kenworth for that and go make money w/ it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts