Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 04 f250 and want to put a new style dash out of a 07 will i be able to do this??

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i will if this guy will ever get back to me

·
Registered
591 Posts
Will bolt right in. I did this to my 04 and put the dash from an 06 lariat in it. The adjustable pedal switch needs to be extended to reach the new location, the 4x4 switch uses a different plug so I used my 04 one with the newer knob and the same with the parking sensor override button. The ac controls in lariats and kr 05-07 are auto hvac and you can make the 04 manual controls work but the panel is screwed to th dash face from the back rather than to the dash support. You also need the newer ac ducts to make evevry thing line up.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Have some pics I think

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i would like to see some pictures plz

·
Registered
591 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TBC? i think i can get every thing from under the dash

·
Registered
591 Posts
Trailer brake controller.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh ok to bad we would do the new ac control in our trucks are can you?

·
Registered
591 Posts
from everything ive read its a length and involved swap. id like to do it but this works for me currently. it can always be added later but just from the write up ive seen to install the auto hvac in an obs truck it was way more work than i wanted to do at the time.

the trailer brake also doesnt wire up. its connected to the computer and uses a different master cylinder even on the 05-07 trucks without it

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i have a 7inch indash dvd player is it going to fit in that hole,this guy has gout a wrecked 07 they smash the front end so im trying to get the whole dash and parts

·
Registered
591 Posts
yea youll just need to get the dash kit for 05-07 f250 instead of the pre 05. they mount differently and as you can see the stock radio from my 04 was quite smaller than the 05-07 opening

i had a pioneer 4300dvd in the 04 dash and swapped after it was stolen. about to put in another double din but this one is a 3100dvd pioneer.just uses the newer dash kit

·
Registered
591 Posts
thanks man it really only took about 6 hrs of work split over 2 days. took it out friday evening and then put the new one in that saturday.

·
Registered
591 Posts
as far as i know it wont directly swap in. i havent seen or heard of any pre 05 trucks with the 05-07 cluster. i would like to swap but again havent seen it done.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts