Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 F250 with 15k on it. I bounce between the 275 and the 210TP, but would really like to try the high power tunes. Has anyone been running the higher HP tunes on a stock transmission if so how is the transmission holding up?

·
Registered
390 Posts
310 has been my daily driver since it came out on a stock tranny. No problems yet.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'd be willing to bet a majority of the users on here run a 250+ tune. As with any high hp tune, it will eventually require a transmission upgrade. The stock torqshifts hold a rather large amount of power reliably in stock form. I've been running the 310 on two superduties now without issues. I'll be planning a tranny in the spring, but as of now I'm not having any tranny or TC issues.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
drservo, how do you like your TCM? Make any difference?

·
Registered
479 Posts
Been running the 310 for 5000 miles now on a stock tranny and mines still fine. Not much mileage on it though

·
Registered
545 Posts
What kinda mileage are you guys getting with the 310? Any Rwhp numbers also?

·
Registered
390 Posts
drservo, how do you like your TCM? Make any difference?
It made quite a bit of difference on the 310 tune, the shifting was smother and easier. Ive got the stock TCM in now since I had it at the dealer for work. I loaded up the updated tunes last night, the 310 is pretty smooth and a little softer since the update. I will probally leave the stock one in.

·
Registered
390 Posts
What kinda mileage are you guys getting with the 310? Any Rwhp numbers also?
11-12 around town, 16-17 hwy. Before these heavy tires it was 12 / 19.5

·
Diesel newbie!
88 Posts
I run 210 at the moment and i tried 275 once but shifting was so horrible that i immediately switched back. I was literally terrified that my tranny would call quits on me in a middle of an intersection somewhere. Now i got a bug up my ass about trying the 310 tune. How is the shifting on that for DD purposes? I got a stock trans at the moment.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I run 210 at the moment and i tried 275 once but shifting was so horrible that i immediately switched back. I was literally terrified that my tranny would call quits on me in a middle of an intersection somewhere. Now i got a bug up my ass about trying the 310 tune. How is the shifting on that for DD purposes? I got a stock trans at the moment.
IF you are not happy with the 275, don't try the 310. The higher the tune, the harder the shifts for the most part.

FWIW, the 275 has been my favorite tune for years, on a stock tranny. No issues to date.

·
Diesel newbie!
88 Posts
Crap...How long does it take for tranny to relearn? I was hoping to use a higher tune to travel from FL to PA next month, i been reading up that 310 yields better MPGs than 210. Hopefully i wasn't fed pork pies and a bag of trout.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Crap...How long does it take for tranny to relearn? I was hoping to use a higher tune to travel from FL to PA next month, i been reading up that 310 yields better MPGs than 210. Hopefully i wasn't fed pork pies and a bag of trout.
Why not just try all of them? If you don't like it, try another.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wish I could say the same I have an SCT with the new tunes from Eric and the tune is plenty powerful but the trans sucks shifts real hard 2-3 and then 3-4 I know you are talking spartan but does anybody have any solutions for the SCT let me know thanks

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Sorry for sounding like a rookie that i am but...Rough shifting is somewhat of a good thing?
In order to keep your factory transmission clutches alive, line pressure must be increased so that they engage and disengage in a positive manner rather than slipping through the shifts. The bigger tunes (250 and up) require the increased line pressure so that slippage does not occur. Slippage results in burnt clutches, which you don't want because you will be building your stock transmission quick This is why you see so many guys 100,000+ on stock transmissions running big tunes.

Transmission shifts have been tamed big time this year. Both the April 2011 update and the November 2011 updates addressed some shifts that were a tad too firm. The updated files should be just about perfect, at least that seems to be the word on the street. :D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts