Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my Elite EGR delete put in over the weekend. For those who are deleted, did you notice just a slightly different exhaust note right after you got it in? nothing too noticeable but just sounds a teeeeeeeny bit different (not bad, just different.) anyone?

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm doin mine this weekend hopefully. I will post a reply after. Have you noticed anything else....better response, smoother idle or anything?

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
My whistle was wayyy louder. That's all I've noticed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I like my whistle so thats good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes, you hear more rumble from the engine. the EGR cooler acts like an exhuast baffle. now that its gone the sound changes.
you will also notice a slight power lag off the line when running stock tuning

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes, you hear more rumble from the engine. the EGR cooler acts like an exhuast baffle. now that its gone the sound changes.
yes that's exactly what I'm hearing...a little bit more rumble. sounds great though!

·
Registered
409 Posts
I saw no lag in mine after I put a FCDP delete pipe on mine. I drove it stock for well over 400 miles and felt no more lag than before at all. Now It does rumble a little bit more. But it sounds good.

·
BRING DA AMBALAMPS
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not to be off topic or anything but i gotta give props to you stroke of luck.. your truck looks effin saweett!!!!

thank you sir!

not noticing any power lag from a dig. i'm back in stock tuning for a few days and if anything, it almost feels as if there is a small tow tune in it.

·
PETE ENGR PSD
973 Posts
Performance wise, its about the same. Any more power I think I feel I disregard

Sound wise, its such a small difference you get used to it within a couple days.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
yea when nine was done i noticed a diff in the tone of the exhaust but boy am i glad i did it

·
Reppin' the 6.4L
2,341 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts