Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the direct clutch solenoid with the PTP solenoid. I also replaced 9 quarts of fluid and the filter. With normal driving everything is just like it was stock. If I do a boosted launch, pedal to the floor in 4wd , It shifts all the gears perfect were before it would slip and never lock in to 5th gear. My issue now is the 2 to 3 shift. If I take off hard but not pedal to the floor it will shift 1 to 2 perfect but then its like the engine cuts out between the 2 to 3 shift. The tranny isnt slipping but the truck stalls for half a second. Its like I take my foot off the pedal and then back on. Has anyone else had this issue? It just doesnt make since that it fine going lightly or pedal to the floor but not moderatly hard driving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
955 Posts
I replaced the direct clutch solenoid with the PTP solenoid. I also replaced 9 quarts of fluid and the filter. With normal driving everything is just like it was stock. If I do a boosted launch, pedal to the floor in 4wd , It shifts all the gears perfect were before it would slip and never lock in to 5th gear. My issue now is the 2 to 3 shift. If I take off hard but not pedal to the floor it will shift 1 to 2 perfect but then its like the engine cuts out between the 2 to 3 shift. The tranny isnt slipping but the truck stalls for half a second. Its like I take my foot off the pedal and then back on. Has anyone else had this issue? It just doesnt make since that it fine going lightly or pedal to the floor but not moderatly hard driving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Any chance it is defueling?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts