Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giddy as a school girl, I am!

I got hurt Tuesday at work and suffered through till thursday morning. My reward? Thursday afternoon & Friday of to visit the Chiropractor... an be there for my new favorite erection!!!!!!!

Ok... they're amish, well the boss and his 2 of 10 sons are. I live in the country and... it is a barn... so... anyway. They started @ 9:30 am and knocked off early (3:30 pm) because they couldn't get the concrete til monday, or it would have been turnkey this evening! Epic bearded construction workers FTW! I'll have more finished pics tues when I get back from Wisconsin :doh:

Like a puppy with a hard peter, I am.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
If they are amish why are they using that new fangled internal combustion motivated vehicle?LOL

Looks good man!

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good call! The ultima hombre "Pete" and I talked about that. I live in mixed Amish Menonite country. the Mens drive cars and tractors to work but horse and buggy at home and church. The amish obstain from motorised vehicles. I pointed out the pnuematic hammer and he laughed and said "the genorator is gas but the air compressor is electric so it doesn't count". He showed up in a 6.5 td suburban with someone else driving of course, and the forman (not amish or menonite) drove the 6.7 in the back ground. They heard my 7.3 whistling like a jet when I pulled in after the Chiro and we had a nice discussion about diesels. Though he wont drive he was VERY interested in making his 6.5 better.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
I want a new shop so bad... Mine is just too small.

Lucky...LOL

·
Boomer
364 Posts
We had the mennonite put the frame up on a Aaron's for my work, no safety harnesses, OHSHA drove by and had a fit. Long story short, they wear there harnesses now after a 10,000dollar fine.

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
Very nice !!!

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what are the dimensions? looks damn good

40 wide 24 deep 13 tall with 15 at the center of the trusses, 10 x 9 wide doors. The whole thing including site leveling, 52tons of gravel and concrete a smidge over $18k. If I could get a do-over i would have went 30 deep to get some room around cclwb trucks but this will work. The windowed 1/2 is going to be office with storage loft above, and a 2 post lift in center bay. No more laying on card board!

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hell yah Joe. Im jealous:D

You said they were waiting on concrete... Is the floor going to be concrete?
The concrete went in this morning @ 9am and we were walking on it @ 3pm! 2% cal/chlor and hot water makes it pop! The trash and garage door pieces you see are laying on it.

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
That's one fine shop man. Been trying to talk the wife into one just like that. She's hell bent on a pool though. Were still hagling over it. Think I may have to wait for HER truck to break down. Then tell her to just drive it off into her POOl and fix it her self! Oh well , shop looks great man.

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
Looks great! That's a lot like what I eventually want, but your really going to wish it was 30' - 35' deep!

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Sweet garage! I am jealous.

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
That's one fine shop man. Been trying to talk the wife into one just like that. She's hell bent on a pool though. Were still hagling over it. Think I may have to wait for HER truck to break down. Then tell her to just drive it off into her POOl and fix it her self! Oh well , shop looks great man.
Did a big hole line it with plastic bingo POOL;)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts