Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Have a 2.5 inch leveling kit And I have heard I need new shock s anyone know forsure that this is tru or not? And if i get a 3 inch block for the back how level will I be sitting?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Im not sure if thats true.. i know after i had my 2.5" leveling kit and 2" blocks put on my stock shocks didnt last terribly long after that...

And for refrence on the leveled question.. heres my truck with a 2.5" leveling kit and a 2" rear block with stock wheels and tires.. sits just a few inches higher in the rear

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks very sharp I hear you need them then someone else will tell me i dont so i just want to talk to some buddy who has them on a 6.4 and knows forsure yes or no?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Yes I would recommend new front shocks due to the shock, will be at what the call TOPPING OUT.You need to be sure to use the correct shocks in the front or if you hit a pot hole your suspension can compress but it jolt the suspension once it reaches the fully extended area.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Yes I would recommend new front shocks due to the shock, will be at what the call TOPPING OUT.You need to be sure to use the correct shocks in the front or if you hit a pot hole your suspension can compress but it jolt the suspension once it reaches the fully extended area.
Coundnt have said it better myself I ran in to this issue on the 2006 and now on the 2010 the truxx kit has little extensions for the shocks that work well...My kit is a 2 1/2" front spacer and a 3" rear block that takes place of the factory 2" block the truck sitts really level about perfect..Im buyin a little longer shock for the front of the 2010 just to be safe!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a Ready lift 2.5 kit on my 6.4 and using the same stock shock. Ready lift sends a bracket that mounts on your existing bottom shock holes then you mount shock to bracket. In a few weeks though I'm replacing all 4 corners and updating the front shocks instead of using the brackets.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What shocks will be best to get since i already have the kit and all? should i get it aligned if i deside to change all that?

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
bilstens

·
Waitin' on 500
2,109 Posts
send a PM to DC special and he can get you what you need

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
You will also need a adj track bar unless your kit has one or a correctly made drop bracket.
We Sell Bilsteins..

Cary

·
FNG
6,017 Posts
Cary shoot me a PM on a set of billstiens the proper length for a 2.5 kit on my 06

1 - 16 of 16 Posts