Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this in the 7.3 section also. I forgot there was a fluids forum.
Anybody know about the T6 5/40 SYN at walmart? Is it compatable with the old rotella syn? How does everybody feel about this oil. I have the old syn without issue in my 7.3. I like that it is under $20 a gallon and can be found quickly at walmarts across the country.

·
Lubrication Addict!!
430 Posts
Without going into a bunch of bla bla detail: I will say, it's a very good so called full synthetic. I have been running it for 1yr... one summer and last winter...My 7.3L really seems to respond well to it. The oil is almost basically the same as the old version except supposedly more shear stable...according to a few UOA and Virgin OAs' the additive package was tweeked a bit, but is very similar to the older version. The base stock was beefed up a bit to handle the shearing better. U can vist-->http://www.bobistheoilguy.com and see the UOA, and visit with other diesel owners who also pour in RTS 5W-40.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
You can mix without any issue. Hell you can mix dino without an issue.

·
I know nothing...
6,115 Posts
I've been running that for a while a like it. At 3000 it still looks brown not black.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, looks like it is safe to pick some of this up. Does wally world ever have it on sale? I don't need any now and I wonder if they ever run an oil sale. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts