Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this going on the rear driver side causeing what feels like a noticeable floating sensation in the rear end above 60 and left hand turns at speed......can i repair this bracket and be done with it the leafs looks ok other than one slightly peeled away....

What do you guy's think? Im thinking the leaf is allowed to expand more than it should causeing the floating and eventual leaf separation and or cracked leaf......could i just go to the hardware store get some grade 8 bolts and sinch that down?

·
Administrator
178 Posts
i have never seen anything like that. it almost looks like someone put in an add a leaf and used that to clamp the springs together on top of the 4 inch lift blocks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was a 4 inch lift kit done by les swab in 1999......the brackets come down on the side of the air bags it has equipped so i wonder if it has something to do with that......it only has one broken bolt other bracket is fine there are two per side on front and back of air bags...well i guess the bags sit above the bracket .....passenger side brackets look completely fine. Oh and I forgot to mention the truck it's a 95 f250 with a 7.3 i have already done the dana 60 swap in front gonna throw on a pmf reverse shackle.....i saw they had one for the back to hang super duty springs i want to avoid that for money reasons and im not really big on drilling the frame to fit the brackets.

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
Some pictures of the good side would help.

But I would wager to bet that it is all aftermarket and something to do with the bags.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so they have 4 inch lift blocks AND air bags?
Yes see the 4 inch lift was my punk uncle lol talking my grandma into getting it based on him telling her it would aid in what the truck was bought for....which is pull a fifth wheel car trailer....my grandma didn't know any better that he was bs'n her with the lift and he just wanted it because he thought it looked cool....me i think a truck is for work and personally think lifts are dumb I would remove it but meh 4 inch isn't that bad and would be a pain anyways....but yes airbags for the fifth wheel which we only use now to soften the ride quality in the back by running around 20 psi. Im gonna try and get grade 8 bolts and sinch it back down and see how it goes.

·
Registered
6,284 Posts
It's just the air bag bracket so go ahead and repair it, but I don't believe that is what is causing the problem.

I'd look at the spring mounts and the springs real good and see if you can see any place that they might be moving.

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 F-250 Stage -1 injectors - 6” lift 35” - 5” intake - 4” exhaust - WW2 - DB custom tunes - 0 leaks
8 Posts
It’s the air bag hold down just replace bolts, check all spring bushing and check shall bushing. All check all U-bolts are still tight

1 - 10 of 10 Posts