Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I picked up a crew cab! My plan is to switch my ex cab for this crew cab. I want to paint this cab and put super duty seats in it. Tell me what you guys think! Also I have a full dash and seats I might be willing to sell.

Attachments

·
Still a kid to some ppl
877 Posts
So are ya gonna lengthen frame or go to a short bed? Sweet idea.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I havent decided yet but im either going to put a short bed on or a flat bed.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to build a gantry crane so I can move these cabs around a little easier. Any one have any experience building one? Do you think 2" square tubing would be strong enough?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I made progress today after work. I got it moved into the garage. What a pain in the butt using a cherry picker on asphalt! I got the drivers side doors off and started gutting the interior. Im going to build some dollys to roll it around on tomorrow. Once the interior is out I'll start sanding the paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
To put a crew cab on an extended cab frame, you'd have to use a body lift on the front and middle mounts. All the frames curve upward just aft of the cab, so the very back of the cab will sit on that higher part of the frame.

You'll also have to custom-make a bed, that's about two inches longer than a stock short bed. The ECLB frame has a longer wheelbase than the CCSB frame.

Or, you could, as suggested, lengthen the cab portion of the frame. So whichever way, it's def. a project, and we'll be itchin' to see pics....

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've decided that I'm going to cut my bed down. I've never had a flat bed and I doubt my dogs will like it much so I'm going to stick with cutting mine down. I kinda liked the idea of building my own flat bed with a built in sled deck but I guess that will have to wait until some other time. To mount/dismount the cabs I got a boom truck I can use. It wouldn't work to move it into the garage that's where the cherry picker came into play! I'm going to build dollys and lay plywood down when I go to move it out and just roll it until I can grab it with the crane. I thought about building a gantry but I found out a buddy has a boom truck so that will be alot easier.

·
Registered
68 Posts
yea be alot easier and less time consuming to just modify the frame just make sure to make some good strong gussets out of some good material. save you at least a week of welding and body work and paint on that sheet metal

·
Registered
47 Posts
My ccsb was a cclb that I cut down 16" . I Would see if you can get the frame that cab came off of too and either stay long bed, or cut it to a short bed. Going to be less work than trying to mount that cab on a eclb frame and make a bed

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could just cut the frame but I'm having a hard time finding a short bed in good condition for pretty cheap. I'm not spending a grand on a bed when I could just cut mine down and make it work. Mine has zero rust. I have my dead line at for Nov. So it gives me time to figure out some of the details. I've been looking at super duty int. and they aren't cheap! The best price around here is 1500 bucks for an 03 tan lariat with a small rip in the drivers seat. So I got to thinking for that kind of money I could redo mine and what do you guys think about front seats all the way around? Since I have two sets of 40/20/40 bucket seats I was thinking of putting them in the front and back!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I made some progress tonight. I got the interior gutted except for the dash . Found some burnt wiring that I will need to address from where they cut a body Mount bolt out. This is a 1995 and its pretty fancy it has dual visors with lights on both sides. It also has a harness in the middle of the roof between the visors that I'm not sure what it is for? Maybe from the picture some one will have an idea. Even my little girl is getting in on the project.

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
wonder if you could fab the CC brackets somehow to the EC seats might take some modifying. A guy i follow on IG has 4 buckets in his CC but now is going a different route but looks awesome now to me

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure I can adapt them to the rear bench seat brackets maybe or make something.

·
Registered
166 Posts
buckets all the way around would be easy.

you just need two cc/rc 40 20 40 seat pans and tracks and you can take your e/c set remove the tracks, bolt the rc/cc set on and bolt to the rc/cc pan.

please do not just drill new holes and bolt the seats in, if you use the rc/cc pan it uses the factory 4 mounting points that ford designed them for.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think that might be the way I go! I think it would look nice like that with new upholstery.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts