Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I gave up on finding a decent 4x4, 4 door powerstroke for under 10k in my area. I was looking at 300k+ mile trucks with ok-poor bodies and they were selling for 7-10k. Was about to give up and by a new f450. Then this hit craigs list. 5.8 2wd crew cab. Could have drove it home but was by myself. Got it for a grand. I know its not a 4x4 or diesel, but I have a 92 cummins w250 daily beater that needs to be in a better home than the dodge. Its gonna be a long term project. Plan to be ready to pull the camper by next spring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have two Dana 60 front axles. One is a 95 that I bought for my F250 and the other is a kingpin 60 that is in the 92 dodge. I'm thinking of running coil springs and radius arms with the dodge Dana 60 in the F350. It was hard enough for me to find the first ford 60 (for decent money). What do you guys think?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on the east side of Lake Moultrie. I am undecided if I want to go with a ford tranny or a 47rh. I don't want to use the 518 because it is non-lockup. 47rh, I could keep the 205 and 60 out of the dodge. I would really like to put newer f450 axles in it but haven't been able to find anything local. If I could find those, then I would go with a 5r110.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts