Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
its been a bit but I took her out for a shake down run over the weekend, I ran Upper Reds with other buggys, I was told by everyone (there on 42-44s) that I made the stuff look easy on my little 37s, granted I have way more ground cleance..

Discussion starter · #42 ·
Well I need to change a couple things up on it, nothing terrible big just relocate the upper rear shocks in a little more.. I also just found out in 2 weeks I, along with several other buggys in NM will be doing a photo shoot for several magizines.. Ill keep you posted

Whose chassis is that, it doesn't look familiar to me.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Thats because its a one off custom build, I didnt want to build the usual chassis

Nice, thats what I plan, but a little less buggy. I still want to drive of the street.

Damn nice that is cool, my step bro just bought a cj5 with a fuelie chevy transplant it is a blast. It has spring over with 8" of lift I think. It is nice riding suspention and on 35's.

Discussion starter · #47 ·
Nice, thats what I plan, but a little less buggy. I still want to drive of the street.
Depends where you live, but here in NM, CO, AZ, and many other states you apply for a vin, have working lights turn signals, windshield/wiper, pass inspection and you can get plates for for it as a recreational vehical, Make stuff detachable so after the inspection you can pull the windshield or windsheild wiper off..\
I still have to attach the skins to it and a friend is making a soft top for it with a crap load of zippers so I can strip it down to a bikini top if wanted

Yeah, gotta be legal in Cali. Not easy, but if I stay with a CJ5 I should be able to get away with a fair amount.

that thing is sweet!!!! if i can ever get some money saved up ill be able to put my cj back on the trails again!!! just need a fuel cell, new steering box bracket and a real rollcage and its on!!

Discussion starter · #50 ·
Ill Have to get a few pics of some of my friends 1 tons CJs

ive got a dana 60 and dana 44 sitting on the floor to go under the cj but money is keeping that from happening.. it sucks big time!

My next run at this I am going to start with a clean 5 or 6 and just plan on spending the money for new axles, either a Stak or Atlas, and a linked kit from Poly with coilovers. I just want to put in fuel, get in and run. I ran for too many years having to come home and fix crap that was busted. As much as I like to wrench I would rather wheel more than wrench. Plus the next rig will have to be my hotrod/midlife crisis toy as well so street use is a must.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.