Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys Im new to the forum. Thanks for the add. I picked up a 96' F350 7.3 dually with a bad transmission sometime ago and Im finally getting a chance to fix it. I just installed a freshly rebuilt trans but Ive been reading that a separate trans cooler is strongly recommended. Ive decided to go with the 6.0 Mishimoto (MMTC-F2D-03SL) trans cooler but Id like to make sure im getting the right one. Will this one work on my 7.3?

Attachments

·
Trust me, I got this...
1,410 Posts
Welcome! Yes a 6.0 cooler will work on an obs, but you will have to widen out a mounting hole or two on the cooler. Not a big deal.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Also the 6.0 cooler lines are a different thread then your OBS so you may have to jump up size, I remember reading about this when researching the 6.0 cooler

Make sure your radiator cooler and hard lines are clean before you hookup to a brand new trans!!

Dr. Tranny Kooler Kleen

·
Administrator
8,250 Posts
The mishi 6.0 cooler is the same as the one for the 7.3. They just made new rubber lines to adapt to the superduty. If I remember correctly the trans lines are in the same area as the obs. Maybe someone will chime in.

Let's see if @Mishimoto can confirm

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey guys Im new to the forum. Thanks for the add. I picked up a 96' F350 7.3 dually with a bad transmission sometime ago and Im finally getting a chance to fix it. I just installed a freshly rebuilt trans but Ive been reading that a separate trans cooler is strongly recommended. Ive decided to go with the 6.0 Mishimoto (MMTC-F2D-03SL) trans cooler but Id like to make sure im getting the right one. Will this one work on my 7.3?
Thanks for tagging us @Sbluke55!

To the OP, our 6.0L cooler does not have the proper lines to run with the 7.3L engine. The good news is that actually have a cooler that will fit directly to your 7.3L (MMTC-F2D-99SL)! It's on presale right now, but it is ending tomorrow. That is when we are going to fully release the kit and make it available for purchase and ready to ship (but at MSRP). So if you want to get it at a deal, check out the information below!

PreSale Link

Pricing Details:
Full Transmission Cooler Kit
MSRP: $375.00
Pre-sale: $293.95

Includes:
(1) Mishimoto Stacked Plate Transmission Cooler
(2) Silicone Hoses
(4) Worm Gear Clamps
Mounting Hardware
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty

PreSale Link

Again, please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Diamaan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts