Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well one of the guys I work with took a new 6.7 for a test drive. He said the truck rode very nice but it wandered back an forth between the lines on the road. He said it ran well but did not feel as strong as an lmm duramax at work, but when he started it he could have swore he was sitting in a Duramax truck had he been blind folded cuz it ran so much the same. He also said it looked a lot like a Duramax under the hood. The salesman tried to give FORD the credit for pioneering the aluminum heads??? I really want to drive one but dont have a good enough excuse to ask for a test drive.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Well one of the guys I work with took a new 6.7 for a test drive. He said the truck rode very nice but it wandered back an forth between the lines on the road. He said it ran well but did not feel as strong as an lmm duramax at work, but when he started it he could have swore he was sitting in a Duramax truck had he been blind folded cuz it ran so much the same. He also said it looked a lot like a Duramax under the hood. The salesman tried to give FORD the credit for pioneering the aluminum heads??? I really want to drive one but dont have a good enough excuse to ask for a test drive.
Who needs an excuse, walk in with a serious look. Find a sales man and say I'm interested in your new superduty. Ask him for a test drive.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant even think about being able to afford one. Ill have to wait untill we need another company truck then get dad to look at one and Ill get to drive it. Probly wont be too long before that happens, Ill just wait.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I've test driven an M3, a C63, an IS-F, amongst other things.... Not like I could afford one, I just wanted to know how they drove.

·
brandon
778 Posts
I went over to a dealership where i by my trucks in a small town. They leave the keys in them out on the lot. If ya want to drive one, go hop in. Took my wife's car in for an oil change and spent my time in a new 6.7. The mpg was showing 12.9 in a cc 2wd. It was a copper colored king ranch. I want one so bad

·
Registered
35 Posts
I drove one and it was awesome. Tons of power. I kept spining the tires on it. It does not look anything like the d-max. The LCD screen is cool. The truck I drove averaged 19.8. It had 26 miles on it. It uses a air to water aftercooler. It also has a seperate cooling system for the egr.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I think what your friend really meant to say was, If i was in a the maxi pad at work i could have sworn i was in a new powerstroke. Just saying :poke:

·
Registered
588 Posts
I think what your friend really meant to say was, If i was in a the maxi pad at work i could have sworn i was in a new powerstroke. Just saying :poke:
Yeah, lots of D-max nutswinging by OP's friend.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
yea the 6.7's are pretty nice :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hebsaid the motor ran nice but he didn't like how loose the steering was compared to the 120,000 mile chevy he was driveing.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hebsaid the motor ran nice but he didn't like how loose the steering was compared to the 120,000 mile chevy he was driveing.
mine does wander a little but i'm thinking it's the tires, i have the 17 inch rims and BFG long trail TAs right now, which are stock

·
Registered
316 Posts
Wait till he puts a Dmax in 4X4 and tries to pull something with it. He's really gonna know what loose steering feels like. A truck is only a good as it's weakest link, and that IFS is a big weak link!:pointlaugh:

·
Moved in
1,008 Posts
Drove one today. I also thought the steering could be tightened up a little. Steering box might need a turn or so. Very quiet. Rides way smoother that my 2000. On par with a hot chipped 7.3 but with a broader power band. Ended up buying it. I'll pick it up Saturday or next Monday depending on work schedule.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.