Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what would you do?

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought this was going to be a great idea. (i have seen it in pics on the net i know its not a new idea, i know its been done.) but with my 08 side mirrors and tailgate i thought it would really go good. now that there hear i am having second thoughts. the last thing i want to do is cut a hole in my fenders stand back and say what the fu(k was i thinking??? What is your take on it? i think most of you will say don't do it. and i'm still up in the air about it.

if i put them on i will be cutting the fender open to mount them in and losing the door badges. (there taped up white in the pics) if you have or know of a pic post it up.

if you had my truck and the badges where in your hand would you do it or not?

do the fx4 stickers look ok? or would you rip them off?
stock

with out insert

with insert

·
Registered
41 Posts
I like # 2 but how did you install them

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats the way i think i'm going to do it. its a newer looking truck to me. i installed it with tape to get the pics. but i will have to cut the fender to mount them in there. it gets held in with the stock 2008 badge clips.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I say go for it with inserts but get some sort of grille insert as well to really make them pop!...I loved them on my 2005 front end. it definitely gives you a different look to the truck and more updated.

Chad

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
leave the factory stuff....loose the 4x4 stickers....i pulled my door molding too though...lucky i didnt have any paint fade

·
COMPUTER BLUE
1,979 Posts
I like the newer badges. I was thinking of going with the 2011 on my 450 when it gets repainted

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have that same paint scheme on my 2008 and I really like your 2005 badges better, I think your truck with the mirrors and no FX stickers looks great!

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
Did this on my 06 years ago... By the time I sold it, I was ready to swap back to stock fenders. It was cool at first, but lost its flare over time. Just my 2 cents having been down this exact road.

Cool for sure.. But the factory 05-07 styling is hard to beat once you swap the tailgate and mirrors of an 08+ truck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I voted leave it alone and pull off the 4x4 stickers. That was the first thing I did when I got home the day I purchased my truck. The engine hadn't even cooled down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts