Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well thanks to hanging out with Jesse ive been spending a bunch of $$ and making some nice transformations to the truck lately...!! LOL
See if I can remember everything...

Already had the afe intake
....................5" exhaust
...................H&S xrt pro
...................lots of custom paint & powdercoat

New mods
black pc ford steps
20x9 bmf novi
325/60R20 hankook dynapro atm
2.5" level kit
4.5" rear blocks
Top gun customz dual steering stabilizer w/bilsteins

waiting to be installed
set of airbags w/digital controller
Nfab light bar

·
Registered
324 Posts
Beautiful truck!

·
Registered
591 Posts
looks sick and that brow is huge :eek:

·
Registered
248 Posts
How do you like the dual stabilizer setup?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Gorgeous Truck!!

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Beautiful truck!
thanks!!

That's one helluva eyebrow tint... Shoulda just tinted the whole windshield to make it less obvious lol

Nice truck(s)
well, i was going to go over the whole windsheild along with the brow(s) light but after riding in my buddies truck with the windsheild tinted it kinda screws with your eyes when driving with windows down... i think its 11-12 on top and 4-5 on bottom something like that... i like the look and its functional, helps from the sun reflecting off the hood

How do you like the dual stabilizer setup?
honestly, i think its one of my favorite mods, or at least the most functionsl... i was getting a ton of bump steer, totally gone now, and the truck even rides better on some roads where they were just constantly small bumps and the steering wheel would want to wiggle..

Gorgeous Truck!!
thanks!!

Did you paint the front bumper and grille? or powder coat?
grill is painted, bumper is pc with paint over top...

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Your truck looks awesome! What leveling kit did you go with?
LOL just a cheap ol readylift 2.5" puck and thats it... didnt use any bar relocators or anything... i spent a ton of $$ on the other stuff right now and was just wanting to see how the stance would be for now, beginning of the year im thinking about switching to an icon or tgc coil but it rides great right now so idk...

·
Registered
33 Posts
LOL just a cheap ol readylift 2.5" puck and thats it... didnt use any bar relocators or anything... i spent a ton of $$ on the other stuff right now and was just wanting to see how the stance would be for now, beginning of the year im thinking about switching to an icon or tgc coil but it rides great right now so idk...
I have been looking at leveling kits and was looking at the readylift also because of the price so its nice to hear that it rides great. Have you rode in a truck with the Icon? If so, could you tell a difference in the ride compared to yours?

Thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
When you did your stabilizers did you keep the factory one on too or remove it?

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No I haven't ridden in one to compare w the icon but it rides every bit as goo as it did stock... I can let ya know if/when I eventually switch to the coils lol

I actually removed my stock one couple months ago and replaced w a Bds single to try help w the bump steer... Didn't help much but it wasn't in the way of the top gun dual so I just left it... The stock attaches to I think the trac bar? And the dual attaches to sway bar... If I'm using correct terms..

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ok thanks. I think it's tie rod but no biggie.

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
I just installed the Icon and have not added shocks yet but found the spring ride to be netter then stock. When I hit a bump it is smoother than with the OEM springs but with my OE shocks it does not take much to over extend them. Here a cell phone pic of mine, i I will try and add some pics tomorrow.

2.5" Icon 35x12.50X18 18x10 -12offset

·
1st murdered 2011 psd
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
18x10 wtih neg offset? i bet those stick out quite a bit! but my tires are a little wider i guess so maybe about the same... ya ive heard the icon are supposed to be designed to handle a little smoother on the road but in off road and cornering supposed to stiffen up so handles better.... truck looks good

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
ive heard the icon are supposed to be designed to handle a little smoother on the road but in off road and cornering supposed to stiffen up so handles better.... truck looks good
For you guys considering a change in springs, TopGun, Pure, and Icon springs can be bought without the kit making them pretty reasonable, $225-300 I think. Best I can tell alot of the Top Gun suspension products are made by Pure.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Very Nice!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts