Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my pcm today and now the truck runs like a slug Any suggestions on what it could be I also had a ts performanc tunner on it but it won't read it

·
Registered
708 Posts
What's your stock PCM code and what did you put back in it?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I think it would help if you added what you've done before changing the PCM, why you changed the PCM, and what you have done since replacing the PCM. Did you reinstall the chip on the new box? If so, make sure you have got all the silicone off, there should be none. And if you did try to reinstall it, have you tried running it with out chip installed at all?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My old pcm burn up and I got a used one to replace it that had a dp tunner on it and everything els is the same I tried putting the chip on and it won't pick it up

·
Registered
708 Posts
Most times this is not the case and it will usually make no difference at all, but I have heard of the occasssional issue where the ground tab for the PCM not being there causing sluggish issues (it's a litte golden colored tab that goes where the bottom bolt hole goes if you didn't know, they're easy to not notice and slide out easily). Like I said, it usually won't mess with anything if it's not there, but that is something small you could check. Is the chip currently not installed right now and you still have the problems?

By the way, add as much info as you can, you're being very vague and hard to help. Smoke? Oil in HPOP? Runs good when warm/when cold. Etc etc

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,133 Posts
Does the transmission shift when you are driving? 1-2, 2-3, etc?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The trans shifts a Lil rough the chip is off now after I tried clean it again and trying again everything I working properly from what I pulled scanning the the computer from the old 2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts