Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put in new injectors, turbo, hpop and rr. This thing is running like a top and starting better than it ever has for me! It has been pretty cool here in the mornings, 30's, and now it has started to smoke a fair amount till it warms up. White smoke but smoke none the less. Is it normal for this to start after these mods even since it is running and starting better that before?

·
Registered
37 Posts
My x used to smoke real bad when first started in the cold. My problem was sticky injectors ran hot shot secret in it and made a huge difference. Don't think that would be your problem tho u just installed new injectors. How much did you have in to the upgrades by the way? turbo injectors and what not? Would love to do it to mine

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
About 4K all said and done. Got everything except the turbo thought DpTuner. I also did all the work with a good friend of mine with a fully equips shop. Everything was installed in less than 10 hours.

·
Paul
160 Posts
Double check your glow plug system. One or two dead ones, or low voltage getting to them can cause the white smoke when cold.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's kind of what I was thinking. I might have nicked a wire or something prying the old injectors out. It starts better than ever though.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
100%

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Plug in your heater see how it starts then.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'd be interested in hearing what kind of mileage your getting?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it starts like a champ! i haven't plugged it in yet but it has been down in the teens this week and it starts great! I goes away once it's warmed up. It's only the smoke that has changed, nothing else starting wise.

It's getting 14.5mpg which is about a mile to the gallon less that before but I haven't really been easy on it since the new found power and it has been seeing more idling that normal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts