Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

Truck is getting painted next week and man am I excited. I am just happy to get this thing done and have a new coat of paint on it. I hoping that it will look killer when it gets done. I am going back to the white color. I'll post some before an after pics when it gets done!!

Reuben

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
SAWEET!!!!!!!!!!!! My truck looks just like yours but has stupid paddle mirriors, but i was thinking about rebuilding and repainting my truck too. Cant wait to see some of your pics :D

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$1k with me doing some of the work.

Reuben

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WHAT:eek: The material costs dam near that. MACCO paint job?
Haha not even close, just a guy who I know. I think he's gonna use PPG paint, like I said earlier I am doing most of the b$$ch work so. We will see!!

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
PPG is good stuff thats what we use.
if you can afford it use their 2002 clear it lays out amaxingly flat and has an extremely shiney finish its around $300 a gallon but its worth it. ill post a pic of the truck with the 2002 on it if your interested

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Still. that is way cheap. I'm in the middle of restoring a 79 f150 and the the clear alone is over 100 a gallon and so is the color

·
The Original
7,509 Posts
So what maybe his friend is hooking him up so he will spread the word about his shop;)

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
13 Posts
so, i have a reg. cab long bed. its a greenish blueish, im getting herr painting black. 800 for the sand all my dents repaired(a whole hell of a lot) and the paint and clear coat. NOT BS MACCO.

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
so when is this goin to be done and pics up???

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
so, i have a reg. cab long bed. its a greenish blueish, im getting herr painting black. 800 for the sand all my dents repaired(a whole hell of a lot) and the paint and clear coat. NOT BS MACCO.
thate reallllly cheap personally i would question the quality of the paints and or body work done. like i said before when i painted a reg cab shorty chevy the materials alone were around $700 not counting labor

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here are some pics:

·
6.4's are my Hero.
2,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
And some more:

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have shot a few gallons of CrossFire.... its no PPG or HoC, but I really like the way it goes on.... All have been garage paint jobs, no booth or goochy set up.
But my quote to the owner is " I can make a bad car look good, but I can't make a good car look great!' I am getting there with the body work..... better and better all the time.. not bad for learning out of the last chapter of a chilton's.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Now i see why the paint is so cheap. Body filler to "fix" the rust in the bed, windows not removed, Taped off windshield trim, bed still on the truck, bumper still on the truck, The list goes on and on. If you are going thru the effort to paint the truck, it might as well get done right. Thats just my honest opinion

1 - 20 of 63 Posts