Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck used to be ugly Burgundy and Silver, now its Sonic Blue with a box off a 2011. Also have a new set of compounds to get in the works. The last setup blew the atmosphere up. Here are a few pics!

Before:
truck at buck.jpg
019.jpg

After:

0120121556.jpg

And the new Bullseye CompR104mm over a Comp Turbo CT-5 74mm. Cant wait to get everything back on the road!

0119121637.jpg

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
love the sonic blue....she looks nice....

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I had an 03 Cobra that was Sonic Blue that i had to sell to have the money to do the truck. I loved the color so i decided to go with that for the truck!

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
LOL, you went to a 11 bed too. I did a compleat tear down this past Aug. went from white to a custom orange. Most people can,t believe it, the only way you,d know it was white is if you look under the hood or lift the carpet, LOL.

Dan

·
Horsepower Enthusiast
370 Posts
Sonic blue is one of my favorite factory colors too! Truck looks great!

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
Bahahahahahahah !!! how much does it cost to do a repaint ? A small fortune, now lets say your gonna do a color change, and do it right. A LOT !! When we did mine I kept track of the materials I used, when it was all done we figured around $2200.00. Then on top of that, add another 1600 for the new bed I got, and 225 for a used 05 left rear door. We use Diamont products for the most part, the primers and bass caots were all Diamont, the clear was a cheaper brand cost wise, but just as good a product we think. Have to keep in mind with my truck it was a tri stage. Starts out with a solid orange, over that we lay down a green metalic pearl and then clear over that. Its a custom, one of a kind color. You will never see another truck on this planet the same as mine, and thats how I wanted it !!

Dan

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks good. That truck used to look BEAT in person and now I can't wait to see it at the buck this year
Not sure if I'll be there this year, until the east coast pull. i hate the 2.8 rule the buck has at powerfest. so we'll see how things go with the compounds.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes very. but the east coast pull that is held there i will go to. were you there the night i never made it off the line ? 3 snapped axles and a Detroit locker. wasn't fun

·
< pissed off pumkin.
1,880 Posts
We,ve built a couple sonic blue F-150,s here at the shop, that was one color I thought of. The other was Tuxedo Black, its just a metalic black. We just finished one over the weekend, doing the alignment on it today as a mater of fact. Ford has really steped up when it come s to trucks. this thing is the ####z.
Dan

1 - 20 of 31 Posts