Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new or Rebuilt 7.3 engine for 03 F-250 I need it to be a reputable builder or source, with warranty. Let me know, Thanks

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
you are far better off to rebuild one using riffraff kit then to buy a 'reman'
better to have all OEM parts and know exactly whats in it then some mystery motor

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
I'm sure many will knock this but check out Jasper rebuilt diesels... They use all brand name (mostly Bosch) pumps, they rebuild the turbo, injectors... You get a new motor, not just something sleeved and ringed with new bearings and a thank you.

If you have the time, resources, and insistence on doing it yourself because you're the only one that will do it right, then by all means tear your existing block down and build it up form a short block and be happy about repairing everything that goes wrong in the next two years because you're paying for it out of pocket.. Instead of the 2 year warranty you get with Jasper. Granted, some things like HPOP and injectors aren't 2 years, they're only one.. But it's better than the nothing you get doing it yourself.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I'm sure many will knock this but check out Jasper rebuilt diesels... They use all brand name (mostly Bosch) pumps, they rebuild the turbo, injectors... You get a new motor, not just something sleeved and ringed with new bearings and a thank you.

If you have the time, resources, and insistence on doing it yourself because you're the only one that will do it right, then by all means tear your existing block down and build it up form a short block and be happy about repairing everything that goes wrong in the next two years because you're paying for it out of pocket.. Instead of the 2 year warranty you get with Jasper. Granted, some things like HPOP and injectors aren't 2 years, they're only one.. But it's better than the nothing you get doing it yourself.
Jasper is not a good option. Jasper's warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on. I have a 7.3 from jasper sitting in storage trailer. We pulled last fall " due to no compression #5 cly bad piston/ring" from bone stock f350 jasper voided warranty due to truck having trailer hitch!!!! engine was less than year old 11,xxx miles.

·
Registered
237 Posts
buy a reman from the source. I bought mine from Brattain International back in 2010 its been a winner.

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Jasper is not a good option. Jasper's warranty is not worth the paper it is printed on. I have a 7.3 from jasper sitting in storage trailer. We pulled last fall " due to no compression #5 cly bad piston/ring" from bone stock f350 jasper voided warranty due to truck having trailer hitch!!!! engine was less than year old 11,xxx miles.
Lemme guess, *you* put it in tho. You have to have a Jasper approved flunkie install it. We all know one of ten of those around our towns and while I failed on the first try, the second garage I went to was happy to say they installed it in exchange for purchasing the motor thru them. I think $500 was the magic number above what Jasper got for the motor. That was well over 3 years ago and the truck is still going strong.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Lemme guess, *you* put it in tho. You have to have a Jasper approved flunkie install it. We all know one of ten of those around our towns and while I failed on the first try, the second garage I went to was happy to say they installed it in exchange for purchasing the motor thru them. I think $500 was the magic number above what Jasper got for the motor. That was well over 3 years ago and the truck is still going strong.
Nope large truck shop across town installed it. Just under $11k IIRC I got the job after they could not get it warrantied. Customer was pissed called me I towed it out of there back to our shop. I called jasper pretty much got the same response it was used in HD application and he towed a trailer they considered a f350 commercial used therefore no warranty. We pulled it out put used motor in it sent it down the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts