Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Cable or data connector? Cable is easy Best buy or any place that sells usb cables

·
Registered
336 Posts
Good Luck,my connector got lost so I talked to AE about replacing just the connector.I was told buy a whole new package or:flipa: F*** Off,sorry still pissed about it

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Good Luck,my connector got lost so I talked to AE about replacing just the connector.I was told buy a whole new package or:flipa: F*** Off,sorry still pissed about it
I dont believe that is true...

I contacted them a few months/year ago about mine...$75 for the standard plug that came with my package or $125 or $150 for the newer faster one...

Went and dug up the email...

$75 plus shipping will get a replacement.

$149 plus shipping will get you the new ProLine connector and better coverage (things like CAN Bidirectional controls, MCAN connectivity and CAN System tests)

Bill
Technical/Sales Support
[email protected]
So is that really what they told you?:doh:

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't care what you believe,that's what I was told by AE and Clay @RiffRaff.Why spend 360 dollars on a whole new package,witch is what I ended up doing! You may have talked to someone else or you might have been able to send them an old connector.There is more in the conversation I had with them but I won't type the entire thing.
So calling me a liar isn't necessary or help full, but you seem to do that a lot on these forums.So I just consider WHO is posting when I see this kind of response

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
LOL... ok.

I've never had a bad experance with the people at AE. Sounds like you just "thought" you had to, rather then ask.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't care what you believe,that's what I was told by AE and Clay @RiffRaff.Why spend 360 dollars on a whole new package,witch is what I ended up doing! You may have talked to someone else or you might have been able to send them an old connector.There is more in the conversation I had with them but I won't type the entire thing.
So calling me a liar isn't necessary or help full, but you seem to do that a lot on these forums.So I just consider WHO is posting when I see this kind of response
X2 I could swear my paperwork said that the connector is what I'm buying and all additional packages bought are registered to that specific connector serial #. I don't have the paperwork in front of me though, but I do keep that connector in a safe...

In other words, if I needed a replacement or upgrade without buying a new package, I would have to send the original in.

·
Registered
336 Posts
X2 I could swear my paperwork said that the connector is what I'm buying and all additional packages bought are registered to that specific connector serial #. I don't have the paperwork in front of me though, but I do keep that connector in a safe...

In other words, if I needed a replacement or upgrade without buying a new package, I would have to send the original in.
Exactly what RiffRaff told me and confirmed by AE
A call to Clay will confirm this

·
Registered
336 Posts
I dont believe that is true...

I contacted them a few months/year ago about mine...$75 for the standard plug that came with my package or $125 or $150 for the newer faster one...

Went and dug up the email...

So is that really what they told you?:doh:
If this is really true then you buy the proline connector with activation code for the enhanced ford bundle and I will sell you the rest of the package for 100.00.Then you can have the complete package for 250.00 instead of the 360.00 RiffRaff sells it for!!

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

Exactly what RiffRaff told me and confirmed by AE
A call to Clay will confirm this
Ok, I'm lying... I made up the email above and Bill does not work there...:doh:

Maybe skip over Clay and go give AE a call...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
If this is really true then you buy the proline connector with activation code for the enhanced ford bundle and I will sell you the rest of the package for 100.00.Then you can have the complete package for 250.00 instead of the 360.00 RiffRaff sells it for!!

WTF are you talking about? If your cable is damaged or lost then you can get a replacement as I posted on page one... If your trying to rip off AE by getting an "extra" connector then why would you be pissed when they say no?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Read again if you didn't the first time. OP asked about cable and connector So now your accusing me of trying to rip some one off? What about LOST don't you UNDERSTAND! I did call AE today and got the same answer
Do you talk to people this way in person? If you do how many teeth do you have left?
As far as you making up the Email it wouldn't surprise me or a lot of other people around here

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
Read again if you didn't the first time. OP asked about cable and connector So now your accusing me of trying to rip some one off? What about LOST don't you UNDERSTAND! I did call AE today and got the same answer
Do you talk to people this way in person? If you do how many teeth do you have left?
As far as you making up the Email it wouldn't surprise me or a lot of other people around here
if you and joe want to having a pissing match take it to the bathroom not jerets thread.... back on topic

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts

Sounds like maybe YOU need to learn how to talk to people when you need something...

I sent a simple email request to AE...

About 2 years ago I threw a small torch into my tool box and melted the cable, fixed that, but now have issues at the connector itself. I have to take the connector apart and press on it to get it to connect, and it just loves to disconnect at a moment’s notice.

It’s been a great tool, no complaints here, but I really need a new connector.

How much and what do you need to get one coming to me?

Thanks!
And this is the response I got back from my simple request...

$75 plus shipping will get a replacement.

$149 plus shipping will get you the new ProLine connector and better coverage (things like CAN Bidirectional controls, MCAN connectivity and CAN System tests)

Bill
Technical/Sales Support
[email protected]
Maybe you need to rethink your approach...

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
if you and joe want to having a pissing match take it to the bathroom not jerets thread.... back on topic
Seriously? Is this what PSN is going to come to? Guys posting factual information with back up then being told to take it else where???

Actually, I dont mind. They might be arguing, but someone may get pissed enough to give me a definite answer.
No one pissed here, the info I have posted YET again (including the email needed) is right there...

·
Administrator
32,966 Posts
I think they would require proof that you have a damaged unit?
a lost unit is different it is fully functional and R&D is where all the cost is

I deal with them in person and they are great guys IMHO

1 - 20 of 25 Posts