Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
new mod, Blown engine...
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, as some of you might know i blew the motor in my truck, at 68K.
so I am going to build it up. called Dave at DI and this is the set up he came up with. let me know what you think and any opinions good or bad are welcomed, also suggestions of a fuel sys? .
Stealth stage I
B Code Injectors with 100% nozzle
ARP Head Studs
Forged Rods
Ceramic coated pistons
new valve springs and push rods
Tunning (6 pos. chip)
And once i recoup some $$ a 38R turbo. might hold off and do the sticks and turbo at the same time.
this is going to hurt the pocket book just a lil but i am stoked!

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Sounds awesome. Do the Injectors now. Im sure David can make the stocker live. And when you get ready, bypass the 38R and get one of his new 42R kits.

Im frickin jealous BTW.

·
new mod, Blown engine...
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can afford the sticks now, I would just like to have some cushion money for emergency reasons, so i will probably wait.

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
Hybrids... Skip the oil and go with hybrids, the a T4 type turbo over the 38r...

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Definitly a set of 238 hybrids. O I would get the forged rods cryod for the added strength. Its not expensive to have done. You can get a set from wide open performance for 400 bucks. 42R all the way.

·
new mod, Blown engine...
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke with Dave again just a bit ago, for now, he is going to rebuild the engine, ARP studs, chromoly push rods, valve springs, Ceramic coated pistons, tefflon coated bearings, forged rods and regulated fuel return. I have decided to go with the Hybrids and 38R but those along with the rest of the fuel system will have to wait a few months till i can recoup. now i just need to get this truck down to his shop.

·
Banning Smut
19,093 Posts
I spoke with Dave again just a bit ago, for now, he is going to rebuild the engine, ARP studs, chromoly push rods, valve springs, Ceramic coated pistons, tefflon coated bearings, forged rods and regulated fuel return. I have decided to go with the Hybrids and 38R but those along with the rest of the fuel system will have to wait a few months till i can recoup. now i just need to get this truck down to his shop.
Good call. You are in good hands.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Your going to love it!

·
new mod, Blown engine...
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, I have to replace the transmissin in this dang jetta... it will be another month or so till i can tow it down there :( I want to get this done so bad, but need a daily till its done

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
What kind of price are we looking at?

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
42R s much lager and it is a ball bearing just like the 38R. I have read on here that with a good set of injectors and the right tunes a 42R will spool as fast as a 38R. It will handle about 600+hp also

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
From what ive seen, yes it would. Its a very healthy pump. I think itd be fine, especialy if youre staying in the 250ish cc range.
What determines if the smaller pumps will keep up is much more about nozzle size than overall cc.

I would be cool w/ one of the Medium Oil pumps on say 80% nozzles but no way on a set of 200%s. Regardless of cc of the injectors.

If this is confusing see my previous post in the last week that explains how to mathematically calculate your specific injector's HPOP needs.

·
new mod, Blown engine...
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well it looks like im not going to be able to let DI build me engine :( Insurance is covering it and the adjuster says i have to pick a shop with in a 75 mile towing radius from my house... I found this shop and it is 73 miles away. Texas Diesel Power - Home any one know about this shop? the guy i spoke to sounded very knowledable but more so in the cummins engines. if you have ever worked with them or know about them please let me know what you have heard or experianced. thanks.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts