Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Mods and pics of my 07 F-350

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  DCSpecial 
#1 ·
Been busy, but made time to do a few minor mods to the work truck/daily driver.

For reference, here is what it looked like brand new in the end of March:

Of course I got the paint and bumpers done right away and did the HD heads a couple months ago.

It always bothered me the amount of rake the truck had, and since I tow and haul heavy I didn't want to do a leveling kit with larger tires so we lowered down the rear end of the truck, by pulling my F-350 blocks and installing F-250 blocks (dropped the rear almost 2"). This made my 325/60R18s look a little better under the truck and actually sit in the rear wheel wells some.

And to keep it from sagging with a load or a trailer, we added some Air Lift Load Assist air bags:

We'll install an on board air system at some point when I get more time, but for the mean time I ran the fill valves to the rear plate (had to use the top two holes so that it wasn't a tight bend for the air line):

If you look above the plate, you can see a Recon White Lightning LED installed.

I had won some 18x8.5 Weld EVO Renegades on ebay back on labor day, and of course I don't like chrome.....so I had my buddy paint them a Charcoal Metallic.
He scuffed the wheels up, use a SPI (Southern Polyurethanes, Inc.) Epoxy Primer to seal and prime the wheels and the proceeded to paint.

He also did the center caps for me, but I didn't like the way they looked installed so I decided not to run them and he air brushed the rear axle....and air brushed all the lug nuts while he was at it for fun:

How the truck looks now:

As you can see in the one pic, I also added my UWS black toolbox that I had pulled off of my 2001.

Hopefully we'll get some sunlight at some point and I can get some better pics.

Still have more mods planned: air system, hood, fender flares, (all of which I have sitting here) and I would also like to get an exhaust, etc...

See less See more
#12 ·
I know Sessler Ford real well. The former owner George and his wife are related to my wife

#13 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone.

01Danny,
Our company colors are light blue.

quadracer,
We've bought from sessler for years. They have also been clients of ours for years...we maintain the dealership, the Sessler house, the GM's house, the business manger's house (I think that's her title), The former VP's (??) house, etc..

#15 ·
I paid $3200.
That was door jambs, inside of the doors, under the hood, etc... They pulled the bed, all the door glass, all the molding, etc... You can't tell the truck was ever white.
Oh yeah, they did the body work on my bumpers after I did all the metal work, epoxy'd my grille since it was chrome, and tinted my clearnace light lenses.

It was my buddy's shop, so he may not have charged me their normal rate....not sure.

#16 ·
Oh yeah, they did the body work on my bumpers after I did all the metal work, epoxy'd my grille since it was chrome, and tinted my clearnace light lenses.

Ahhh--so is it save to assume that you cut the holes and installed the light buckets, then had your buddy's shop fill/finish the work? I've been looking for a '99-'02 XL front bumper and would like to do something like that while I'd have the bumper off of the truck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.