Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an avid wood burner and own several Stihl chainsaws. I currently use my 1999 Chevy Tahoe gasser as my wood hauler. I am looking at moving into a Powerstroke to replace the Tahoe. My neighbor across the street has a 1997 7.3 and raves about it. I am looking at purchasing in the next year or so and have joined the forum to learn some things before I buy. My wife also wants me to get something that would pull a large camper trailer so she can visit every WalMart in the USA.

·
Banned
459 Posts
:whs: same here

·
Registered
969 Posts
welcome, you have came to the right place to learn,( these guys are awesome) check out the library section, alot of info there. good luck.
:ford:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
welcome, you have came to the right place to learn,( these guys are awesome) check out the library section, alot of info there. good luck.
:ford:
Thanks. I'll do that. At the moment I am thinking that I'd like to get a 7.3 king cab and maybe a DW. I was also told to get a 5 speed or six speed. I was wondering how robust the auto slush boxes were in the Fords.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
:welcome::welcome: from CT and the autos will last a long time if you treat them well and exersize proper matainence

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
welcome from ontario,you have come to the right place for a hauler and i would go with the six speed

·
Registered
969 Posts
Thanks. I'll do that. At the moment I am thinking that I'd like to get a 7.3 king cab and maybe a DW. I was also told to get a 5 speed or six speed. I was wondering how robust the auto slush boxes were in the Fords.
get a BTS, contact obswiz he is a dealer-sponser here.

Brians Truck Shop

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
BTS is brains truck shop, he builds built autos to withstand any amount of abuse and 1000hp behind a certin cummins thats in a ford builts by beans diesel performance.

well worth the money if you want a trans to last.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts