Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hello all,

my name is jr i just purchase 2002 f350 7.3 saturday (first diesel). drove home 1 1/2 hour drive ran great. had a really quick hicup i didnt pay much concern. turned on my street and 1/2 way up it just died. coasted to my house and crank no start. on sunday i called a buddy he suggested trying a cam sensor which he gave me (new oe) installed sensor, started ran for about an hour and stalled. today it started so i took it to work. found icp sensor loaded with oil so i replaced that and the new pigtail ( both oe parts). still no luck. all fuses and relays good. found wires to fuel heater ng so i repaired them as well. so with that i plug scanner in and pulled code which i forget number but the description was icp lo pressure. watching data pid it would only read 171 psi. i do have to replace the pigtail tomorrow for the ipr as it looks rough as well. buzz test passed relay box checked and seemed ok. any help would be huge. i would love to drive and enjoy the truck. thank you oh.....i did check oil level in hpop which was full, fresh oil change and fuel filter which both were done after not before this happened. owned this four 48 hours and only got to drive for 1 1/2 hours

·
Registered
138 Posts
I would check the IPR. If your hpop is full then I would say the low pressure oil pump is doing its job of supplying the hpop but if you are reading low psi in oil then I would check the IPR itself. I would also check the oil pressure at idle and see if its within range and check it under a load and see if that is in range. If under a load and low psi then its possible the hpop may be worn out. Was your fuel bowl full of fuel when you changed your fuel filter? Just some ideas.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
changing pigtail now for ipr (wire insulation gone in two spots), if ipr needed.....ford or alternate company for part??? fuel bowl was full filter was done for sure. will check cranking and operating psi also. thank you ....i will keep posted

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
new ipr ........so far so good. i did notice the post on the old part had some blue color to it on the end, the little retaining nut was a little loose. for the education i would make the assumption that is was arcing possible or in other words shorting. am i on the right track? thank you

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE ON ISSUE AND NOW NEW ISSUE.

THANK YOU TONY FOR THE WELCOME. OK SO FINALLY GOT TRUCK RUNNING LIKE A CHAMP. AS IT TURNS OUT THE IPR TURNED OUT OT BE THE ISSUE. DURING THE PROCESS OF DIAG I DID COME ACROSS SOME WIRING ISSUES AS WELL AS A FAILING ICP. I WANT TO EXTEND MY THANKS FOR THE HELP. NOW I HAVE SOMETHING ELSE THAT POPPED UP. STARTED UP THIS MORNING LET HER WARM UP. WHEN I WENT TO LEAVE FOR WORK A NOTICED A LARGE PUDDLE OF FUEL UNDER THE FRONT END. ONCE AT WORK I FOUND THAT IT IS POOLING UP ON TOP OF THE ENGINE IN THE VALLEY. CANT REALLY DETERMINE THE SOURCE OF LEAK. IM THINKING MAYBE AT OR NEAR THE LITTLE PLATE WITH FOUR TORX BOLTS ON FUEL BOWL NEAR THE DRAIN VALVE. DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT OR IS THERE A GOOD WAY TO PINPOINT THE SOURCE OF LEAK. WITH EVERYTHING TOGETHER I CANT REALLY SEE GOOD ENOUGH AND I HAVE TO HAVE HER RUNNING FOR FUEL TO LEAK. THANKS AGAIN. ........ JR

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
Prob either the fuel bowl drain or the gasket that seals the fuel filter cap as alot of times there a real pain to get to fully seal right. Sometimes I have to put the cal on 3-4 times before it totally seals. If its not the cap just get a fuel bowl reseal kit ($20-25 bucks) and just pull the bowl and reseal everything and the fuel lines to the heads these 2 and if you pull the nuts back that hold the lines to the heads and fuel bowl youll see rubber sleevs that seal them when the nuts are tightened. Also you might want to get the stiffer spring for the fuel pressure regulator as they tend to go bad due to the factory weaker spring. All in all it would costs less then $50 bucks and youll be all resealed and good to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts