Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im having trouble figuring this out. I've replaced all the other leather no problem, but i cant figure out the hinge on the center console. I've attempted to drill it from both sides and it still won't come out. Used a punch from both sides. I missing something? Its on a 1999 F350 extended cab.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
did you look on you tube?

does it pull off pulling towards the latch to open the console?

do you have a replacement leather piece OEM or aftermarket or locally made?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I couldn't find any videos for the center console on youtube. The replacement leather was made by theseatshop.com, they are out of Texas IIRC. They have a bunch of video's, but not one for this specific install.

The hole for the hinge rod is solid on each end, no way to pop it out/apart.

Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I figured it out last night. The hinge pin is actually two separate pins that are pushed in towards the center, one from each side. That explains why i couldn't drill or punch it out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My 99 Crew cab needs new leather, I have the 40/20/40 front seat configuration as well. Are you happy with the results? I have looked at them before, just haven't gotten to my interior yet. Any Pictures?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am generally happy with the fit and finish. The center console lid doesn't look great, but Im pretty sure thats my fault. It still looks much better than what it replaced though. (My lower center console is a subwoofer fyi)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looks like it turned out great, New life to some 16 year old seats. Nice job on the jump seat subwoofer!

·
Outcast Customs
117 Posts
How much were those leather replacement covers?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, I appreciate it. The seats were pretty easy to do but the center console was a complete PITA. A pneumatic staple gun is required! Manual or electric arn't strong enough. The style I bought were the "Factory Replacement" which are a mix of leather and vinyl, and were just over $700 factoring in shipping. All vinyl is cheaper and all leather is quite a bit more...

·
Registered
37 Posts
They seem to make a good product, I've only used the seat arm cover so far but it was well made and the fit was perfect. My wife's truck needs the drivers seat (Lariat) done now so I'll be using their replacements.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts