Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since pulling season is over, its time to get out the welder and make inprovements for next year. First up is new intake Manifolds, and to mount my water to air intercooler in the middle of the engine.

This is a picture of what I thought would work.

I thought it was a good idea till I tryed to bolt it to the heads. Thats when I ran into some problems.

Yes using 3" pipe I had to make something so I could bolt them to the head.

That did not work so its now gen 2

I know its kind of hard to see just what I have but just waite its going to be so kool.

The way its going to work is the air will come into the intercooler in the front of the engine, go through the intercooler then from the back of the engine the air will feed the intakes. The neet thing about using this log setup is that I can plumb the water injection and the NOS. in all along the intake. The plain is to plumb the water from the botton, 2 nozzels for water and on top 3 nozzles for the NOS. Allmost direct port injection. Well that is what I am thinking as of now. We all know how things change as the welder meets the metal. Will update as things come together.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If any one wants to see here are some more pictures of my intake project.

I am going to change the pipes around some to get it to fit but you can get a idea of what I am trying to do.

·
Registered
926 Posts
starting too look good! always a fan of your work

·
Registered
926 Posts
yeah ive had my fair share of dealing with fire wall... it doesnt like to move ill tell you that much! but
more pics!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
More up date. Got some more pipe and now I have it all tacked together. And it looks like it will fit under the hood. Now its time to weld it all together and grind it all smooth.

and here is the reason for the inlet to be at the back of the engine. It was to make room for the water to air inter-cooler.

i will be installing it in the truck over Thanksgiving Holiday.

·
Registered
926 Posts
definitely going to look and perform sweet, keep up the great work man

·
OBS Addict
1,538 Posts
Looking good so far. I like the idea of the water to air on top there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got the intercooler back with new elbows and V flange welded in.
The flange has a O-Ring in it to help seal.

It all works, I will be installing it over Thanksgiving.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YES IT DOES FIT

and here it is in the truck. Everything is still just tacked together. Now I know it fits and its time to burn it all together. That was the easy part. Its all the little things that takes forever.

Ya it is a little tight. But it fits.

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
don't know jack about pulling but its neat to watch normal folks build w/ their hands vs it being bought.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After 10 feet of 3/8 and 30 feet of 1/4 steel line. Here is what I came up with. I just have a few more lines to make than it time to do it all over again in stainless. Still have a few items on order.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts