Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Spearco IC for the stroker today:rockwoot:. I can't wait till it comes in, should be in 2-5 days. I went through Innovative Diesel, the best diesel shop around as far as im concerned. I also went ahead and ordered the intake elbow as well. Ill post up some pics when it gets here.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
thanks for helping the retard Cali boy understand Gregrob. Yes i was asking if the Intake elbow is the Newest CFM with the Silicon Boot as the Cold side intercooler tube.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I haven't been able to get my hands on a CFM+ to test. They have a standard version and a "Large Mouth Kit" that will be available later. We'll have to test both out when they are released.

!!!PainTrain!!!,

Thanks for the order, your Intercooler and Elbow both shipped.

·
Banned
1,110 Posts
I just ordered a Spearco IC for the stroker today:rockwoot:. I can't wait till it comes in, should be in 2-5 days. I went through Innovative Diesel, the best diesel shop around as far as im concerned. I also went ahead and ordered the intake elbow as well. Ill post up some pics when it gets here.

Good choices!

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the elbow is the one from Innovative Diesel. Im really not sure what brand name it is, but if they have it, I'll buy it. ID is great!.

Thanks everyone on the positive feedback. I can't wait till the new studs, gaskets, and injectors are in as well. I am hoping to do this with in the next month or two (college isn't cheap!).

I was also looking at the regulated return system they have. Does anyone have any experience with that system?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I put on my ITP fuel system two weeks ago. High quality stuff with excellent install instructions and fit was great. I had to tweak the steel lines just an extremely tiny bit because of plumbing issues on MY part but nothing that you couldn't do easily by hand. It helped my fuel pressure problem tremendously. I still get a drop, but it comes back up so fast if you're not watching the gauge you won't see it (factory pump). Well worth waiting the R&D time to get it and customer service was great.

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. I looked over at ID's website and they are using the ITP regulated system. I guess I know what I am going to buy once Christmas rolls around.

Also, I had been looking at the Elite fuel systems and I dont see any special about them. The stage one kit, the exact same as ITP is $700 compared to $500. And the Stage two system is over $1,700. Is there stuff better or what?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
The Difference between the Elite stage I and the ITP is the way the lines connect to the back of the heads. ITP uses a Banjo bolt and Elite uses an 90 that thread in and then have a lock nut to tighten down the angle needed. Personally I would think that the banjo bolts would be easier to install, but not sure how the flow rate changes. Another differences mounting location of the Reg., Elite use all stainless Fittings, and the price on $100.00. Elites Stage II fuel system comes with aeromotive pump, baldwin filter housing and everything needed from tank to engine and back. Very nice setup, and will supply enough fuel for 275s.

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the breakdown. I doubt I will need enough fuel to supply 275's, so the stage one should be enough whenever I decide to get one.

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Problems with the new ic.....

I put the intercooler on the truck on Thursday. Temp has seemed to stay the same. I got on it (from a 25 roll) after installing the ic and hit 1500* in no more than 300 feet.

I talked to the guys at ID and they said something about the Thermocouple. What is this? And what does it do? I have the Bully Dog Outlook monitor to read the boost, egt's, speed, and trans temp.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Your EGT's will definitely drop with the Intercooler. If you are seeing 1500 degree's and it's hanging there, your probably not getting a good reading. You may hit 1400-1500 degree's for a short period of time, but it should drop as you go through the gears. On stock injectors, you should see at least a 100 degree drop in temp with the new IC.

On our truck we were seeing around 1800 degree's with the stock intercooler and now we see a max of ~1500 degree's.

·
Registered
39 Posts
There's a huge difference in the ITP banjo's and the factory ones. The way the lines are made they lay in the factory casting of the head and there's no orientation to fight except tweaking the lines a bit for previous mods. Flow is definitely not a problem as the bolt flow holes are enlarged and chamfered and the line size is much greater. The end of the banjo is enlarged internally for no flow restriction also. Dennis definitely did his homework here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts