Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My '01 7.3L has just under 190k miles on it and is mostly stock with an intake kit, 4" exhaust, Garret turbo and I just finished removing the old Edge/Juice unit and installing a PHP Hydra. The truck is a F250 4x4 on its third auto tranny that I have had since new.

Now my HPOP is leaking down and I need a new one, so I figure while I am in there I might as well add new injectors and be finished with the engine mods.

The truck has been retired from daily use in my engineering and construction company and is now mostly used to tow a heavy (~ 7,000 lbs) wakeboard boat through the foothills and tow teenagers to the local frozen yogurt shop.

For the injectors I was thinking of;
PIS 160/30s
or
PIS 175/80s

And what about the HPOP?
Stock?
Dieselsite Adrenaline HPOP
Terminator T500 HPOP
Stealth SRP1.1

The Stealth seems a little overkill as I wont be going any bigger on the injectors.

The only other future mods that I see are a tranny if this one lets go.

• Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
379 Posts
A properly built 160/30 injector is designed for stock to modded factory turbos and stock hpop.

If you have a 64 turbo or better and an upgraded hpop there is no reason to not go with the 175/80 injector. This setup will do everything the 160/30 can do and more.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Tim, where do you draw the line with PMR's? Are the 175/80's and a 38R pushing the limits of the PMR's?

·
Registered
616 Posts
What does the PMR's in, RPM, Load? Can the PMR's last if not horsed on? If I end up needing injectors before I locate a a decent forged short block, I'd hate to spend the money twice... Or should I ask, can the 175/80's be tuned below potential to be PMR safe till I find a Forged block?

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
What does the PMR's in, RPM, Load? Can the PMR's last if not horsed on? If I end up needing injectors before I locate a a decent forged short block, I'd hate to spend the money twice... Or should I ask, can the 175/80's be tuned below potential to be PMR safe till I find a Forged block?
If your already looking for a forged block, get the injectors and have some fun. And yes, the injectors can be tuned down.

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
...And what about the HPOP?
Stock?
Terminator T500 HPOP
Stealth SRP1.1

The Stealth seems a little overkill as I wont be going any bigger on the injectors.

I will check and see what rods I have, Forged or PMRs.

But lets assume that I have forged (or I don't care as when this motor blows, I am getting a 2014 or 2015 6.7L),

1. Which of the HPOPS should I use with 175/80s
  2. And what does: Stage 1, Stage 2 etc mean with the aftermarket injectors?

·
the stryker god
3,659 Posts
I would get a honey badger Jr, pis injectors and tuning all from dyno proven. And "stage xx" doesn't mean anything. Capacity and nozzle size mean everythin

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts

·
Registered
5,909 Posts
My '01 7.3L has just under 190k miles on it and is mostly stock with an intake kit, 4" exhaust, Garret turbo and I just finished removing the old Edge/Juice unit and installing a PHP Hydra. The truck is a F250 4x4 on its third auto tranny that I have had since new.

Now my HPOP is leaking down and I need a new one, so I figure while I am in there I might as well add new injectors and be finished with the engine mods.

The truck has been retired from daily use in my engineering and construction company and is now mostly used to tow a heavy (~ 7,000 lbs) wakeboard boat through the foothills and tow teenagers to the local frozen yogurt shop.

For the injectors I was thinking of;
PIS 160/30s
or
PIS 175/80s

And what about the HPOP?
Stock?
Terminator T500 HPOP
Stealth SRP1.1

Sounds like a good idea. 160/100's would be my choice.:D The T500 is the most affordable option and will support those injectors just fine.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
X2 on the 160/100's...I'd just add a better turbo.

·
Potato Nation Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
X2 on the 160/100's...I'd just add a better turbo.
So why would you pick a 160/100 over a 175/80?

And "Just add a better turbo"?? Like what? (sounds $$$)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts